Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   916 Heron (/showthread.php?t=84202)

Andydesperado 08-Apr-2011 21:22

916 Heron

1 Attachment(s)
Just trying to sort out the scaling of the photo's but a sneak preview.

Andydesperado 08-Apr-2011 21:32

916 Heron

4 Attachment(s)
Further images of the work in a near finished state.

Andydesperado 08-Apr-2011 21:36

2 Attachment(s)
Further images of the work in a near finished state.

skidlids 08-Apr-2011 21:49

Nice I like that, takes one back to the late 70s, one of the best paint schemes of its day
Anyone doing an Akai or Pernod paint scheme

sheep911uk 12-Apr-2011 14:14

Loving the work and looks really good but why on a ducati when that scheme was purely Suzuki?

Shazaam! 12-Apr-2011 17:55

Gulf Racing

This color scheme is my favorite.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/11-ducat...g-replica.html

Loz 12-Apr-2011 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shazaam!

Quite stunning and unexpected. Likey. A lot.

Andydesperado 12-Apr-2011 19:08

Hi, Like all good things a story useually preceeds it. in this case the 916 was my late fathers bike who surcumbe to the big C 6 years ago. I been a biker took on the 916 and eventually sold my bikes. the 916 is a ££ eater as you all too well know. My dad was from the sheene era and watched the races on his Bonneville. I too have come to like the colour scheme of the Herons Suzuki and thought that a novel yet sympathetic take on to the 916 would give me some great pleasure. And start a little conversation when out on a ride. I am getting a friend to do the work, a famous painter from the small village in Nofolk, and subsequently saving a load of money, (in Ducati terms). It should be finished in a fortnight or so and no i have the hang of resizing the picture i'll be able to post some more. Also if your about Norwich area i'm certain i won't be mistaken for anything else. For the die hards i can only sat Mr Sheene has a looose link with Ducati as he rode a 500cc Cagiva in the early 80's. I have really enjoyed tranforming the bike and in the leaet its allowed me to fill in scratches and give a fresh lease of life in the body work. I also hope to see some of the Ducati sporting ladies and fellas if i can get to soem of the meets. Cheers and more pictures to come.

skidlids 13-Apr-2011 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andydesperado
For the die hards i can only sat Mr Sheene has a looose link with Ducati as he rode a 500cc Cagiva in the early 80's. .

I wouldn't call his Brother in Law Paul Smart a loose Link :)

Gobert23 13-Apr-2011 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andydesperado

<snip> give me some great pleasure <snip>

That's what it's all about... Okay, you might get a few comments about Suz'i paint on a Duc', but who cares; just as long as it makes you smile and keeps the good memories goin' :cool:

G