Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   TT (updated) (/showthread.php?t=7818)

skidlids 29-May-2004 05:02

TT (updated)

The competitor lists are now up on the IOM website, just had a look at the 400s and my bike with Adrian on it will be either the 22nd or 23rd 400 away from the line on race day (no rider at No.60 at the moment). I hope he will be a lot higher than this in the practice sessions after looking at the other entries in the race, with any luck and the bike running well I hope to see him in the top 15 in practice, but we will have to wait and see.
Looked at the weather forecast which doesn't look that promising, looking at the long term forecast the best day of the TT fortnight looks as if it will be the Monday when the 400 race is scheduled.

Still we will know more this evening hopefully I will have a practice report from Adrian telling me that things are going well.

http://www.iomtt.com/results/2004/entriesLW.asp

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by skidlids]

[Edited on 20-7-2004 by skidlids]

Jon 29-May-2004 19:58

All the best Kev, keep us informed of your progress.

Triple Nine 29-May-2004 20:43

Good luck M8

skidlids 30-May-2004 01:19

What a excellent start to this years TT for us.
Adrian says the bike is handling brilliantly and is a real flier, on Monday he will try a one tooth smaller rear sprocket as it is reving so freely (Thanks Dynotech)
Out of tonights 400 runners he was the 3rd fastest rider and had the 4th overall fastest time. with a 103.13mph lap, even his standing start first lap was enough to qualify when he did a 99.81mph.
I'm glad to see our 400 was faster than Maria Costello on her 600 and only a couple of 100ths of a MPH off the odd GSXR1000.

Top Times
1 54 PHILIP STEWART 400 Yamaha FZR 21:49.9 103.69

2 56 ALAN BENNIE 400 Yamaha FZR 21:53.0 103.45

3 56 ALAN BENNIE 400 Yamaha FZR 21:54.1 103.36

4 63 ADRIAN CROSSAN 400 Kawasaki ZXR 21:57.1 103.13

On the darker side of the TT it is sad to report today there has already been one fatality which was a French racer.

skidlids 30-May-2004 01:26

Must point out a small few of the front runners in the 400 class such as John Mcguinness, Johnny Barton and Richard Britton were out on their bigger bikes, but we are still looking good, cant wait until Wednesday practice when I will be there.

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by skidlids]

skidlids 30-May-2004 22:27

Following a couple of minor nigles in Yesterdays practice, both the clutch and gear shift mechanisum has been changed today, swapped with the ones from the spare engine. Also a 44 tooth rear sprocket has replaced the original 45T. Fuel consumption is looking good as after yesterdays two laps there was just over 2 litres left in the tank.
If tomorrows practice is wet then only one lap will be done, if its dry then it will be another two laps so then we can see how the effect of the gearing change on lap times and fuel comsumption, but as long as we get one more session with 2 laps before race day we will be OK.

Rattler 31-May-2004 00:17

Good reporting mate, keep us informed.

Nice one...

Tim

skidlids 01-Jun-2004 00:06

2nd fastest in 400 class this evening with a 106.43mph flying lap even the standing start lap was over a 104mph. Awesome now to go and phone him and get a run down on tonights practice

skidlids 01-Jun-2004 04:35

2nd practice session was held on Monday evening and although a few of the top 400 riders were again out on their bigger bikes Adrian put in a couple of blinding laps with the bike pulling the slightly higher gearing really well.
In the 400 class he was 2nd fastest overall with a lap of 106.43mph with the standind start lap at just over 104mph, he commented on how a few of the 600 and 1000 proddy bikes were holding up so thinks there is still a bit more to come.
As the bike was missing the odd apex by a couple of inches he is going to try a slightly increased rear rideheight.

Also going well is Dean Silvester on Steve Caffyns CSC Racing R1 which Mark Buldock normally rides, looks as if Adrian, Dean and Steve are conspiring together to volunteer me for a entry in next years Manx on the ZXR400. We will see.
Dean will be riding Steves CSC 996RS at this years Manx and could well win it after finishing 4th first time out on it in last years Senior ManxGP which was also his first time racing a V-twin, which again is usually raced by Mark on the short circuits here, last year in the MRO and also at the Castle Combe meet that some of the Hants DSC lads came along to watch and this year the bike has been winning all the North Glos Sound of Thunder races, its a EX GSE Bike frttled by JHP.

Hopefully when I get out there tomorrow I might be able to get access to a PC and add a few more updates, If not I'll let you know how we got on when I return.

WeeJohnyB 01-Jun-2004 12:50

Great reports, please keep it going if you can....it almost feels like we're there. Best of luck.

WeeJohnyB