Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   service time (/showthread.php?t=34703)

duc daz 10-Aug-2006 21:03

service time

can any one point me in the right direction for sevicing ,,its a belt change biggy ..been quoted £830inc vat at corner speed.is there any where else in the midlands ..its on a 999 and will have done 3000miles

Dibble 10-Aug-2006 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by duc daz
can any one point me in the right direction for sevicing ,,its a belt change biggy ..been quoted £830inc vat at corner speed.is there any where else in the midlands ..its on a 999 and will have done 3000miles

Cornerspeed is the right direction, try a quote from JHP or big shop front dealer then compare ... you'll soon be calling Nelly back and booking it in ..... really is the only place for it mate ...

aka.eric 10-Aug-2006 21:31

Id recommend Cornerspeed every time,but options are:-
Ducati John,Leeds - 12k mile service 999 £425-500.
Ducati Leeds - £45+vat/hour "Ducati menu pricing is the maximum it COULD cost,not what it WILL cost".
WL Racing - Oulton Park,good reputation
GTEC - Market Harborough,again good reputation.

Wylie1 10-Aug-2006 21:40

I had a minor service + belt change at approx 3500 miles at an official Ducati dealer in the South. I opted not to have the valve clearances checked as service interval is 6000 miles. Cost me £290 all in.

andyb 10-Aug-2006 21:53

2 yr belt service, minus forks, but with cam timing and valve clearance you know who...£630

Martinp 11-Aug-2006 11:55

Try...

www.robsomracing.co.uk he's on WMR and does a discount for members, me thinks. moley's used him aswell and so will I in september when mines in for a service.

Ohh forgot he's based in Shipston, tuther side of Stratford.

khushy 11-Aug-2006 12:09

£830 . . .

is he taking the pi@s!!

I hope its a typo???

Khushy

Rushjob 11-Aug-2006 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by khushy
is he taking the pi@s!!

I hope its a typo???

Khushy

No, but what you have there is a quote for the 2 year service that the bike is ready for including everything that Ducati stipulate for the service done by one of the best mechanics ( Official service centre too ) who will actually do everything it says on the schedule & will treat your bike as if it were his own.
If you want a proper job doing, you pay the rate...
If you want half a job, pay half the price.
I've seen first hand the state of some bikes after recent work at some so called service centres... they look like a 5 year old had been let loose on them.
Simple.
Search back over the forum and see how many positive comments that Cornerspeed's service throws up as against negatives.
Just my thoughts.....
:)

iang 11-Aug-2006 13:49

I know cornerspeed have a good repuation but £830 is ridiculous, even officail ducati Ducati dealers like Ducati Glasgow and Ducati Leeds who also have good a reputation only charge about £500 and that is for the full 2 year service as Ducati stipulate so where does the other £300 go ??

JPM 11-Aug-2006 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by aka.eric
Id recommend Cornerspeed every time,but options are:-
Ducati John,Leeds - 12k mile service 999 £425-500.
Ducati Leeds - £45+vat/hour "Ducati menu pricing is the maximum it COULD cost,not what it WILL cost".
WL Racing - Oulton Park,good reputation
GTEC - Market Harborough,again good reputation.

Billy? not an authorised dealer and doesn't do servicing as such, all his engines are done by Gtec (Geoff Green ex JHP), he's more bolt on thus the name bolt on billy :D