Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   My Bayliss has a Blown Rad :( (/showthread.php?t=84128)

Bionicle 24-Mar-2011 14:00

My Bayliss has a Blown Rad :(

Well i suppose it had to happen and it was just a case of when :( unfortunatly today was the when.

Took a ride out to meet up with Couchy at Cadwell and watched him taking his new Monster round, then watched a few of the BSB boys showing us how it should be done, were back at the bikes having a bit of a natter when i saw that tell tale greenish/blue coolant splatter on my left hand fairing where it had blown through the side vent :( wiped it off and rode back to Lincoln to Italia to get it booked in for a repacement rad, my warrenty expired 13th of this month but hopefully it will be replaced under warrenty, now i just have to wait a few weeks for them to get a rad in and a space in the workshop to get it sorted.

antonye 24-Mar-2011 14:09

Is it a rad going pop, or was it a stone making a hole? From what you say it sound like it's a known issue of them going pop?

If it was just holed I'd be tempted to get it fixed by a friendly welder... much cheaper than a new rad! ;)

bradders 24-Mar-2011 16:42

they split along the top; mine did it and lots I know have had the same issue

positive DUK will replace under warranty, they seem pretty fair

Bionicle 24-Mar-2011 19:08

Yep, its a common fault, I dont think its a stone through the rad as i have rad screens on, but will know more tomorrow when i get the fairings off for a looksee

bradders 24-Mar-2011 20:09

from memory....upper left looking at the front of the bike (right from the seat) right by the fixing point....dribble dribble

Jasper 24-Mar-2011 20:22

Nothing but problems these new bikes.WHat you need is an old classic!!;)

On a serious note,really sorry to here about this Paul,as your bike is stunning!!

Bionicle 24-Mar-2011 23:55

Cheers Jasper, its anoying to say the least as its just been serviced, but heyho poo happens :) at least its not a huge job and as long as DUK agree to do it under warrenty i cant complain.