Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   BREMBO RADIAL MASTER CYLINDER (/showthread.php?t=8089)

m1keyp 09-Jun-2004 14:56

BREMBO RADIAL MASTER CYLINDER

I am considering fitting a radial master cylinder.

Should I do it?

Will I notice the difference?

Am I right in thinking that the corect size is 19mm bore/20 ratio?

Where is the best place to buy it?

thanks

Jasper 09-Jun-2004 15:07

Yes,yes,yes and Nelly at Cornerspeed.

DJ Tera 09-Jun-2004 16:19

Don't go for the Brembo, it is way overpriced for what it is (cast, no brake switch etc)

http://www.redracingparts.com/en/pro...cyldiscacc.htm

CNC machined, brake light switch fitted (a brembo one is £30+ :o ) with flip-up levers to prevent them from snapping

And they are TUV approved as well :cool:

217 Euros, Thats about £150

[Edited on 9-6-2004 by DJ Tera]

Harv748 09-Jun-2004 17:51

ditto Jasper.

just bought and fitted one from Nelly. he also has the brake light pressure switches in stock.

Can be a little fiddly to fit. Very little clearance I found between the throttle assembly and the clip on part, where the MC will sit. I had to trim a little lug off the switch gear housing to get it to fit properly. No big deal, and not seen when fitted. Also the reservoir needs to be relocated.

I have fitted P4 calipers and SBK pads prior to fitting the MC and the total package is now eye-poppingly good...infact I would go as far as saying it would be a liablitly in the wet...and is probably over kill for the road..but it is nice to know the stopping power is there if I need it!!

For the track...its the dogs danglies:D

Nattyboy 09-Jun-2004 21:45

EVERYONE should do this. Fantastic peices of kit. Bad timing though..ive just flogged flanker a brand new DP superbike upgrade kit with all the gubbins included !!!

I would recommend the 19x18 version (as used by the hodgemeister!!!!) - nice feel.

Nat

DJ Tera 09-Jun-2004 21:55

Don't matter - Mikes listened to reason and sensibly gone for the Discacciati radial cylinders :P

Mine should be here by Monday too :sing:

[Edited on 9-6-2004 by DJ Tera]

m1keyp 10-Jun-2004 00:17

Thanks for the replies!

Went for the DJ tera option but got sucked into the clutch MS aswell.

They replied to myorder in minutes so i will keep you informed.

Thanks again Mike

Mr_S 10-Jun-2004 14:53

Mike, DJ

Which Discacciati did you order, and did you order anything else to help with fitting?

DJ Tera 10-Jun-2004 15:55

Just the m/cyl mate (19mm), it comes with a brake switch, and I was told to use the original brakeline and reservoir :)

Should be here by Monday - tax free too, gotta love the Italians! :eureka:

[Edited on 10-6-2004 by DJ Tera]

m1keyp 10-Jun-2004 16:59

Hi Mr_s

Fitting should be straight forward no other bits are required.

My handle bars are non standard (www.cyclecat.com ask for Alfred) fully adjustable height and angle but I do see a problem.

I will let you know when they arrive, i liked the fact that the brake switch was fitted and that the levers flip up

Mike