Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Lord R - BSB Next? (/showthread.php?t=84896)

Ray 23-Sep-2011 21:35

Lord R - BSB Next?

Former forgetter of keys, DD racer, endurance pilot now turned No Limits instructor is out in the Ducati 848 Challenge this weekend at Silverstone.

20 mins practice then Qually followed by two races.

Be interesting to see how he gets on. Age is no barrier as Spike Edwards has shown:D

Ray.

bradders 23-Sep-2011 21:41

going to be really interesting, and will be following live timing tomorrow then in the paddock to drink his T on Sunday :D

Best of Luck Tim :burn:

John W 23-Sep-2011 21:48

Good luck Tim, hope you have a good weekend.

Need any more stickers yet ? ;)

chris.p 23-Sep-2011 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray

Be interesting to see how he gets on. Age is no barrier as Spike Edwards has shown:D

Ray.

Are you saying that lord Rattler is getting on in years Ray:lol:

Chris:burn:

clint 24-Sep-2011 08:26

All the best Tim.

Clint.

Bionicle 24-Sep-2011 10:22

Good Luck Tim, show them what you have got :)

skidlids 24-Sep-2011 15:15

He always looks the same to me even yesterday up at Silverstone, Bikes looking good but then again so do many of the bikes in the 848 Challange,

I also caught up with other other/Ex DDers such as Sam West, Peter West, Nog, Kyle Hinton and Clinton De Tarnowsky and my old mate Glyn Hinsley (aka Scooter916) who owns part of the ANR TSS Junior Superstock and Supersport race team, who are in the very end garage nearest the first turn.

Mixed day for most of the riders with most trying to find a setting that would work. Sam was making steady progress and his times kept improving through the Day, Craig had a good day in Junior Superstock even though he hadn't found the ideal setup, team mate Lodgy was also struggling with setup, although out quallifying Craig I'm sure he was hoping to finish the day futher up the timing sheet.
After the practice was over both Superstock bikes had the Shocks out and fitted with heavier springs and also both sets of forks were stiffened up

Ant Rogers on the ANR TSS Supersport bike was struggling with tyre wear and getting the rear tyre to grip.

Update from looking at todays timing sheets
---------------------------------------------

Faster Tim Faster, hopefully he will find a bit more come race time as he's last on the grid with over 4 secs a lap to make up on the guy in front and 14 secs off Pole

Glyn's Junior Superstock guys have both improved on Yesterdays times, Lodgy improving a couple of seconds so hopefully some of the Suspension changes paid off. Craigs found a couple of tenths and Ant in the Supersport Cup Class improved by almost a second.

Sam's found almost a second over yesterday so the progress continues

I'll be back up there tomorrow so see how they all get on in the races

Rattler 25-Sep-2011 08:46

I'm living the dream, but reality says my pace is nowhere near what's required here.
I had no misconceptions of where I'd be and have run at the back of the field, well off the pace.
But in what will be my last year of racing, I'm still smiling and giving it all I can.

Race 2 today and I'll smile my way around the 3.66 mile circuit for 8 laps like I've just won the race!!!

Smiling and aching ;)

Thanks for the support
Tim

bradders 25-Sep-2011 21:52

*clap clap*

but whats this last year of racing....some bloke nearly 60 just won a series; why give up now when you are still smiling :D

ducbird 26-Sep-2011 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattler
I'm living the dream, but reality says my pace is nowhere near what's required here.
I had no misconceptions of where I'd be and have run at the back of the field, well off the pace.
But in what will be my last year of racing, I'm still smiling and giving it all I can.

Race 2 today and I'll smile my way around the 3.66 mile circuit for 8 laps like I've just won the race!!!

Smiling and aching ;)

Thanks for the support
Tim

Go Tim Go....:)