Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Ducati Pannier Inner Bags (/showthread.php?t=29597)

Athelstan 20-Apr-2006 10:10

Ducati Pannier Inner Bags

Hi ST'ers
Anyone out there used the "official" Ducati Pannier Inner Bags?
Are they any use, for example, are they waterproof - very tough - zipped or stud fastened?
How much do they cost?
Anyone know the "Ducati Part Number"?
Know wher any are for sale?

Or shall I just stick with putting my clothes n toothbrush in plastic bags before I stuff them in the ST's excellent waterproof panniers. Feedback most welcome.[/font

rockhopper 20-Apr-2006 10:31

They come up on ebay now and again, i've been tempted but for the £75 or so that they tend to go for i'd rather stick to bin bags!
When we stop at hotels we tend to take the panniers off the bike anyhow.

rockhopper 20-Apr-2006 10:35

967035AAA is the part number

Athelstan 20-Apr-2006 12:08

Thanks Rockhopper for the part number.

I also take the Panniers into the hotel on tours, however, there have been occasions when they have been so filthy and wet from a 400 to 600 day ride that I am a liitle ashamed of the mess they make on a nice clean hotel room carpet! Not the conduct of a gentleman - me thinks.

Red Steve 20-Apr-2006 16:52

I have a set of the inner bags that I use on my ST3. A little pricey, but aren't all Ducati accessories and parts!

The bags have a zip closure and a nice carrying handle. I bought them as I tour quite a bit on the bike with the wife and we've found them much easier to use than taking off the panniers and lugging them into wherever we happen to be staying. I think they are 100% waterproof and have lasted well over the 2 years I've had them.

Much better in my book than a Tescos carrier bag.

rockhopper 20-Apr-2006 17:46

How much are they new Steve?

I just worry that if i leave the panniers on the bike some scrote will break into them.

Rushjob 20-Apr-2006 18:21

I've got a set - don't use them much but if going to a hotel they are used for the reasons given above.... hotel carpets and sheets don't like second hand road dirt & chain lube!

Athelstan 20-Apr-2006 19:01

Thanks for the feedback Red n Rushy

Q: How much did you pay for 'em (U2U me if you want to keep it confidential) and where did you buy'em.

Q. Vanity question - my YELLOW ST4s may be a little upset if, and it is a real if, they come only in red........heaven forebid. Do they come in any other colour other than red.

Finally - do you two have any pictures of the inner bags you can post here?
Many Thanks to All

Rushjob 20-Apr-2006 19:18

£40 from another DSC'er....
Mine are black and that is the only colour I'm aware they come in.
Pictures - see here - Ducati.com

YMFB 20-Apr-2006 19:49

as far as price availabilty and flexibility Tesco carriers are excellent, however they do look chavish if stopping in a hotel. If a set of Ducati/non fango bags came up I would be seriously interested. Im sure I read somewhere that BMW bags may also fit, ok if your conscience allows.