Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Petrol tank removal (/showthread.php?t=17561)

JPM 16-May-2005 18:22

Quote:

Originally posted by HW
Mine looks like this. I can move the pipe with my finger so I know it is not trapped.

That's how mine are, you can see the fuel lines dissapear up inside the tank (kind of) and not resting on the head as such

HW 16-May-2005 18:24

Quote:

Originally posted by JPM
Quote:

Originally posted by HW
Mine looks like this. I can move the pipe with my finger so I know it is not trapped.

That's how mine are, you can see the fuel lines dissapear up inside the tank (kind of) and not resting on the head as such

That's right. In Everton's reply above he talks about them not being able to go over the plug connector because it fouls. There is clearance up under the tank there so it does not seem to be tight.

Maybe some fuel lines are shorter than others so they cannot go into the recess? (not all fuel lines created equal?)

everton 16-May-2005 18:27

Quote:

Originally posted by HW
(not all fuel lines created equal?)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Being a 999R it probably has another 9mm of fuel line:smug:

khu996 16-May-2005 20:22

Fantastic diagram Henry, I can't move mine in too much because it'll also foul the connector. Anyway, not had any trouble with it, so perhaps I can leave it as it is. ;)

HW 16-May-2005 20:24

Quote:

Originally posted by khu996
Fantastic diagram Henry, I can't move mine in too much because it'll also foul the connector. Anyway, not had any trouble with it, so perhaps I can leave it as it is. ;)

Actually ... it was Everton who posted the diagram but not to worry. :eureka:

khu996 16-May-2005 20:40

Quote:

Originally posted by HW
Quote:

Originally posted by khu996

Actually ... it was Everton who posted the diagram but not to worry. :eureka:

Oops! :lol:

Was reading too fast (thats my excuse anyhow!).

Big up Everton for the diagram then! :D

Carbon749 16-May-2005 20:52

Just to add to the apologies ..... when I gave advice on the routing of the fuel lines I "forgot" that my tank is not standard and that the lines may sit differently.

All that said, the fuel lines should not be trapped between the rocker cover bolts and the underside of the tank, they should run inboard of the bolt heads which should give them a little free play between the tank and rocker cover.