Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   battery housing (/showthread.php?t=81316)

jamespedro28 25-Dec-2009 13:54

battery housing

hi will the battery housing and battery removal cause the data tool alarms to go off.as i think i might have to take them off to replace some of the coolant pipes.or is their some way round it.

NBs996 25-Dec-2009 14:20

It shouldn't set the alarm off.
The earlier Datatool's (up to S3) have a service mode, in this state you can do anything.
The S4 doesn't have a service mode but let it 'passive arm' and it'll only go off if the ignition circuit is switched on (providing you've not changed the default software switch).
hth

jamespedro28 26-Dec-2009 09:30

battery housing

hi when you say passive arm do you wean to click the left hand button an the fob .or press the right as normal .cheers pedro

NBs996 26-Dec-2009 11:48

Pedro, 'passive arm' is when you turn the ignition off and let it arm itself without pressing any buttons.

jamespedro28 28-Dec-2009 15:13

battery housing

as you can tell i am not to up on modern technology but pretty good hands on with the oily bits .thanks for your understanding reply.

NBs996 28-Dec-2009 19:05

I think you need to forget about passive arm for what you want to do... if you've got a fob with left and right buttons then it's a System 3. It will passive arm in full protection state, so you need to use 'service mode'.

In case you don't have your user guide - disarm the alarm as normal, turn on the ignition, hold down the RIGHT button until it beeps (about 5 seconds). The LED will stay lit and the alarm will beep every 20ish seconds. The bike is now completely separated from the alarm.

To come out of service mode, just press the right button.

jamespedro28 02-Jan-2010 20:33

battery housing

tried the suggestion of to put it in to servos mode .but it bleeps 3 times every 15 seconds instead of 1 .it does seem to have turned of the Maine alarm though.do you think it could be the trickle charge that was plugged in that has caused the problem. thanks againe pedro

jamespedro28 09-Jan-2010 20:48

battery housing

it was because i had it conected to the battery optimiser that it bleeped 3 times in service mode.i disconnected it and now its fine.ps some one posted awhile ago .about masking over the alarm because of the annoying sound every 15 seconds. it worked great thanks .

NBs996 10-Jan-2010 09:40

I didn't know the bit about the optimiser causing 3 beeps... every day's a school day!

nelly 11-Jan-2010 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBs996
I didn't know the bit about the optimiser causing 3 beeps... every day's a school day!

Once in service mode and the bikes battery is disconnected, the bleeps come from the alarms on board battery. If it stopped when you turned optimiser off then the internal battery has given up. Usually takes about a day to die if battery is good.
Not a major problem, but it means that if the main battery is disconnected the alarm won't go off. You can replace the backup by taking the lid off the alarm. It's a rechargeable PP9.