Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Panigale: V4 / V2 / 1299 / 1199 / 959 / 899 (/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   It's gone (/showthread.php?t=160166)

kingfixer 19-Oct-2012 15:07

It's gone

After 6 months and 6400 miles i have got rid of the Panigale, it just doesn't feel right to me on our roads, it feels light and skittish and moves about far too much for my liking, i had an Ohlins guy set up the suspension for me which made it better but not good enough.
I refuse to pay for suspension upgrades like some have mentioned on other forums after paying 20k for a bike.
I know a lot of people find the pani perfect but it's just not for me, i took delivery of an RSV4 APRC yesterday.

Stealth 19-Oct-2012 15:14

Shame you didn't get on with the Panigale. I'm still enthusiastic about mine and loving every minute of it. However, it isn't perfect but then to my mind that adds a bit to its character.

When making the choice for the Pani, I loved the RSV4 I rode and was on the cusp of buying one. However, I went for the Pani as it was a Ducati and a generation of development ahead of the RSV4 (might or might not be a good thing!).

I think you'll love the RSV4 and I would love to hear how you get on with it. The engine is outstanding in my opinion.

Best of luck!!

kingfixer 21-Oct-2012 11:30

Got out on the RSV4 for a blast yesterday, i have owned one before but not an APRC version. What a blast i absolutely love it. Just feels so much better on the road than the Pani especially cornering and the power delivery is so smooth.

fil2 25-Oct-2012 21:41

Had both sold the prilla ! and still have the Pani...much better bike imho......

kingfixer 29-Oct-2012 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by fil2
Had both sold the prilla ! and still have the Pani...much better bike imho......

I suppose it's all down to personal preference that's the beauty of havng so many bikes to choose from.
The Pani is a great bike just not for me.