Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Multistrada: Enduro / Pikes Peak / V4 / V2 / 1260 / 1200 / 1100 / 1000 (/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   To buy or not to buy? (/showthread.php?t=290586)

badgerpilot 15-Mar-2014 15:50

To buy or not to buy?

I'm deliberating buying a 2010 Mulistrada 1200 S Touring from Ducati Manchester, it's black/white with panniers, top box, centre stand, heated grips and Ducati Sat Nav, mileage is only 4780.

They are asking £12k and offering me £1500 for my VTR Firestorm (which is what I paid for it 3yrs ago) so £10,500 balance.

It comes with 12 month MOT, 6 months tax and 6 month warranty.

How does this sound to you guys?

I've seen a 2013 without the extra toys for 12k with 8,500 miles and a 2010 with no toys and 27,000 on the clock for £7995 but not another with such hi spec and low miles at this one's age.

Are the toys, warranty, low miles and after care worth the extra dollars?

Thanks chaps.

chris.p 16-Mar-2014 14:03

Do it, you know you want to :D

Chris:burn:

MJS 16-Mar-2014 14:08

It's worth whatever you're prepared to pay for it.

It's not as if there are hundreds to choose from, so it's hard to put a value on it.

Look at it this way - if you decide it's overpriced and you don't buy it - how long until a similar spec/condition one comes along? And when it does - that might be a similar price as well.

badgerpilot 16-Mar-2014 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.p
Do it, you know you want to :D

Chris:burn:

I know I do, especially as we're riding to Le Mans for the GP this year! :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJS

It's not as if there are hundreds to choose from, so it's hard to put a value on it.

Look at it this way - if you decide it's overpriced and you don't buy it - how long until a similar spec/condition one comes along? And when it does - that might be a similar price as well.

Very true, there's one on eBay for 8k without the top box but it's a private sale so no part-ex and doesn't give me enough time to get the funds.

AndyW.Inuk 17-Mar-2014 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJS

I agree.......the only thing I would add is that if you go ahead with that deal I would be looking for a 12 month warranty as part of the deal rather than 6 ;-)

There's been quite a few 'buying advice' type discussions in the MTS section of the Ducati UK forums - search on buying and select the 'search titles only' option ;-)
http://ducatiforum.co.uk/forum/

Andy
www.MTS1200.info
and
https://www.facebook.com/UK.MTS1200.Owners

badgerpilot 17-Mar-2014 17:58

Cheers Andy, I'll take a nosey.

badgerpilot 30-Mar-2014 03:44

I bought!!!!!!! :devil: :D

AndyW.Inuk 31-Mar-2014 12:28

Congrats.......feedback as and when ;-)

Andy
www.MTS1200.info
and
https://www.facebook.com/UK.MTS1200.Owners

daytona63 31-Mar-2014 20:57

Best all round bike ever, IMHO.

Have fun.

badgerpilot 22-Apr-2014 11:37

Awesome, last weekend went down to Donington with the GF on the back to watch a mate race and when we got there it felt as if we'd only gone round the block. So comfy and easy to ride but when required it don't half shift along with a twist of the wrist. It seems wrong that you go from 40 to 140+ without changing gear!

The electronic suspension differences are quite noticeable and the Urban mode with it's extra sensitive TC and ABS adds a chunk of re-assurance when it's moist out there.

Been using it as much as possible, work, nipping to shops etc, and the only fault I've found is that I can see points mounting up very easily if I don't keep an eye on the clocks!

I've fitted a short Powerbronze dark screen to help out storing it safely (low roof) and it hasn't made a huge difference (looks a meaner tho) to wind resistance, the original will be going back on for the Le Mans trip in 4 weeks time.

Will post another updated verdict on our return! :D