Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   New User Introductions (/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Morning from Cambridge. (/showthread.php?t=127055)

Dave-dtd 10-Jul-2012 09:14

Morning from Cambridge.

Just saying hi from Cambridge.
After a few years without a bike i got myself a nice 916 last weekend. It is the bike i always wanted,when they came out i could not afford one and i had a 900ss which was a great all rounder.
I have been on and off whistle bikes for 25 years now starting with a Puch 50cc :D then on to Honda and i even managed a Rd350Lc ( wish i had kept it )

Then it was off to college so no money etc and no bike for a few years.

1995 saw me out on a 600ss :D then 1997 i was out and about on a 900ss clap which was superb, i had fun for a year on a Px200e Vespa but then got my leg over a Yamaha Yzf750 and this was superb back in the day. So from 2002 i was bike less until last weekend due to the normal getting married, Children, work , house thing but then a friend got a new Bike the other week and i reaolised just how much and also what i was lacking. So after a few weeks of looking i now have a 916 in the garage. Yesterday i even managerd to get it out for a hour or so after it decided to stop raining .
Great fun.
Dave

antonye 10-Jul-2012 10:14

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum!

There are quite a few of us just down the road in Essex (mainly around Chelmsford) so not a million miles away. Keep your eye on the forum for meets in your area and hopefully we'll see you soon.