Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Tyres (/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   First tyre change ... (/showthread.php?t=19557)

the phantom pieman 10-Jul-2005 20:48

First tyre change ...

This sound pathetic but at 4000 miles and 3 years , i finally need to change the tyres on my 998s.

Adding Cycle Cat Bar raisers have made me vow to ride it more often ... :rodent::rodent::rodent:

Reading thru the posts here Diablos seem to be the first choice. Obviously I don't think I need super corsas, but what advantage to Corsas have over std Diablos?

The rear will be changes for a 180 rather than a 190.

What about Metz Spotec M1s ?

I am not to sure how much I like the Michelins ( I never have felt happy with the front end ... suspension fettling has made a big difference ... I just wonder what part the tyres play ...) so I wount be going with Sports again ...

What else is out there ... Avon Vipers seem to get good reviews, but I have seen anything directly Ducati orienated ...

Thanks

Dibble 10-Jul-2005 20:51

if its a mixture of fast roads, the odd trackday and wet and dry riding ...... Bridgestone 012ss's ... stunning for everything ....

And deffo go for the 180 .......

GsxrAge 10-Jul-2005 20:52

I run a diablo corsa front and standard rear :cool:

Have never had any problems with grip or handling:cool:

chris.p 11-Jul-2005 07:34

Only used standard Diablo's, the corsa's have thinner grooves & does not contain silica, so not as good as standard diablo's in the wet,but are better for ultra fast road & track days.

Chris.:burn:

the phantom pieman 11-Jul-2005 11:14

It looks like standard Diablos are going to be purchased ....

Thanks