Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   888 Gathering - Central ish (/showthread.php?t=26722)

Rob B 05-Feb-2006 10:47

888 Gathering - Central ish

Would Burton upon Trent be a reasonable location? Just gathering veiws at this stage.

Rgds, Rob

Rob B 05-Feb-2006 11:22

Or, if you are happy to do something during the week, what about gathering at the DoC (shush, not too loud) track day on the 18th July at Mallory Park? Those that want to can indulge in a spot of roundy, roundy too.

Rgds, Rob

Jasper 05-Feb-2006 12:16

I am up for either.I would prefer a DSC gathering to a DoC(wash my mouth out!);),but as long as we get together,don't really care!!

Jools 05-Feb-2006 13:09

Happy for a meet up around Burton. It seemed to me that somewhere in the Derby/Nottingham area would be a good place if we needed somewhere central.

To be honest, I would prefer not to make it an event exclusive to 888's, couldn't we join in with one of the Notts crew rideouts and have a damn good turn out of 888's amongst all the other Dooks. I don't know how many 888's are in the club, but it would be nice to get 10 or so of em turn up.

I think the previous record is held by the BHC when me and Sparkin showed up. Or by North Bucks when me and Beancounter went.

Nattyboy 05-Feb-2006 13:17

To be honest, if we could get a good turn out I dont mind riding anywhere within reason Rob...!

Nat

Jasper 05-Feb-2006 13:40

Jools,i thought the idea is just to have an 888 gathering.We have talked about this for sometime,just never got around to it!!If it isn't just the 851/888's then it becomes "just" another Duke ride out/gathering and not the "Exclusive" event i (personally) feel it should be.We have specail bikes,so lets have a special meet.Of course this is just my opinion and i may be the only one who feels like this.We can always do a poll!!:)

888heaven 05-Feb-2006 13:49

T8 Meet

If Were going to meet up in Middle England would a long WE with BB included be a more practicable idea as after 90 miles my legs and arms want to drop off as im not built like an Italian midget.
That way more bikes could meet up and have a full day for any ride out.
just a thought.
ian

philthy 05-Feb-2006 15:47

Quote:

Originally posted by 888heaven
If Were going to meet up in Middle England would a long WE with BB included be a more practicable idea as after 90 miles my legs and arms want to drop off as im not built like an Italian midget.
That way more bikes could meet up and have a full day for any ride out.
just a thought.
ian

Fippin' heck! 90 miles and you need a B&B?

Time to buy a gold wing mate:lol:

Phil

Ains. 05-Feb-2006 19:39

Quote:

Originally posted by Jasper
Jools,i thought the idea is just to have an 888 gathering.We have talked about this for sometime,just never got around to it!!If it isn't just the 851/888's then it becomes "just" another Duke ride out/gathering and not the "Exclusive" event i (personally) feel it should be.We have specail bikes,so lets have a special meet.Of course this is just my opinion and i may be the only one who feels like this.We can always do a poll!!:)

As posted last year on the other side.
Most 851/888's on a ride? Sth lakes and Mancs branch of 'the quiet ones' ~ 5 of, plus a raft of others.

Ains.
PS: SP4S frame is away to Italy to be put back on the jig that it was originally created on, to come back nice and shiney and new.

loony888 06-Feb-2006 00:39

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!