Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Seat Conversion (/showthread.php?t=219125)

tcat 18-Jun-2013 23:12

Seat Conversion

After 2 years I've finally got my a$$ in gear an opened the parcel that arrived from fleabay - a rear biposto silver subframe. Hmmmm... somewhat annoyed with myself for buying a undertray last week, given that when I opened the subframe parcel it already had one. Grrrrr. That'll teach me for not opening it sooner.

The aim:
99% of the time I will have the monoposto seat on. The other 1% is the missus's birthday, where I want to chuck on the biposto dual seat and take her out for a ride. The whole point in doing this is so I dont have to spent the whole morning switching things over. End state is to swap over the seat is less than 1min.

My Plan of attack:
Swap with current Aluminium subframe on the 748r. Moreover, buy the remaining bits for my other biposto seat unit, in order that I can continue on with the project.

What do I need?
Well... I have the seat unit and the seat pads, just need everything else... lights, hinge, bracket, etc, etc.

If anyone has got these bits in their garage doing didley squat, please do let me know.

Many thanks.

Ash

chris.p 19-Jun-2013 06:51

If you have all the Bip brackets you will be ok apart from one minor issue, the ECU, it is mounted differently on a bip to a 748R, it just means you will have to alter the way the wiring loom is positioned in the subframe. I will post a pic this evening for you.

Chris:burn:

tcat 19-Jun-2013 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.p
If you have all the Bip brackets you will be ok apart from one minor issue, the ECU, it is mounted differently on a bip to a 748R, it just means you will have to alter the way the wiring loom is positioned in the subframe. I will post a pic this evening for you.

Thanks Chris

chris.p 19-Jun-2013 23:11

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry its late, any questions fire away :)