Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Skiing before Gaudix TD, 21-23rd Feb? (/showthread.php?t=38107)

ali 25-Oct-2006 22:17

Skiing before Gaudix TD, 21-23rd Feb?

Right, who's up for a few days messing around in the mountains? :D

Gone for the days before as the snow's no so reliable and tends to thin out towards March. No idea on accomodation, etc but we can work that out if there's enough folk interested.

Hehe, can't f'ing wait! :D

Cut'n'paste:

Yes, I want to ski looking over Morocco, drink Sangria and eat Chorizo:

Ali

TP 25-Oct-2006 22:53

I'd be mad to refuse ... I'm up for this, I just need to find some money now!

Ali
TP

TP 25-Oct-2006 23:07

I want some boarding lessons though, I'm a competent skier but the only time I've tried boarding was when it was all ice so nothing to dig an edge into and it was a painful experience!

domski 25-Oct-2006 23:25

I'd be up for drinking and spectating ;)

Ali
TP
Domski

Redruth 25-Oct-2006 23:42

Yes, I want to ski looking over Morocco, drink Sangria and eat Tapas (not chorizo - that's just fatty sausage and I don't like it:

Ali
TP
Domski
Ruth

However, I was thinking of doing this after the track days. My concern is about taking leathers, lid, bike boots, ski boots, ski gear etc etc. and still having enough weight allowance left to fit a toothbrush in.

I can't see how going skiing before will work logistically. TBH I'm strugglng to see how it will work going afterwards but I don't like to get too bogged down in the detail. I'll let someone else plan that. Even so, going aferwards, maybe kit can be carried with the bikes. Still would need an arrangement whereby the bike is brought back to the UK and kept somewhere until the return from skiing and collect it.

You're the intrepid traveller Ali. Devise a plan. You've probably already thought all of this through to the nth degree :devil:

domski 26-Oct-2006 00:04

All the bike gear goes on the lorry Ruth.

So you'd only need to take your skiing gear on the plane ;)

Tankgirl 26-Oct-2006 08:12

I'm in...

Chaz 26-Oct-2006 09:15

me to

ali 26-Oct-2006 09:32

C-o-p-y a-n-d p-a-s-t-e:

Yes, I want to ski looking over Morocco, drink Sangria, eat Tapas/Chorizo and slide down the pistes drunk on a tea tray:

Ali
TP
Domski
Ruth - no sausage
sj010
Chass

Redruth 26-Oct-2006 09:53

Do you think you've got the patience to organise a skiing trip for us, Ali? :devil: