Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Casey Stoner (/showthread.php?t=108611)

ChrisBushell 17-May-2012 18:01

Casey Stoner

I was having a look at the BBC website a few minutes ago and decided to have a look at the news for MotoGP, with the French round happening this weekend.

What I hadn't expected was to see that Casey had called a quick press conferance this afternoon and he has announced that he is to retire at the end of the season.

Apparently he has had enough, the changes over the last few years means that he is no longer enjoying the sport.

Have to say that there is no way I would have guessed that - now wait for the cat fight to get his seat for 2013!

Gbyte666 17-May-2012 18:09

Hmmm Rossi / Pedrosa ?

Nah perhaps not

Craig

dunlop0_1 17-May-2012 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbyte666
Hmmm Rossi / Pedrosa ?

Nah perhaps not

Craig

Appleby :lol:

skidlids 17-May-2012 18:56

Its here to
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/raci...nt/#more-31004

Spjallen 17-May-2012 19:53

Cal?

bradders 17-May-2012 20:03

Ron Jolley?! :burn:

MJS 17-May-2012 21:19

Heard it on the radio tonight - can't say I'm surprised - years away from home (for an Aussie), world champion on more than one machine, the only man ever capable of riding the Desmosedici, a new kiddie and family life, and a sharp reminder at the back end of last season what the risks are.

I for one hope he goes out as champion - he might not be the most charismatic man in the paddock, but he's awesome on the bike :eek:

ells 18-May-2012 14:25

Surely thats the door of opportunity opening for Marquez! Hope they conside Cal!

Cant see Honda going back to Dovi, dont think Rossi will be flavour of the month (but you never know). Seem to remember Hayden did not enjoy his time there but maybe ..

Hope he goes with a title. Been a top rider.

M

Cobbett 18-May-2012 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ells
Surely thats the door of opportunity opening for Marquez!

Not directly. The rookie rule forbids a rookie going direct into a factory team.

ells 18-May-2012 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobbett
Not directly. The rookie rule forbids a rookie going direct into a factory team.

Doh. Forgot about that.