Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers! (/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   e bike (/showthread.php?t=37899)

tripleX 20-Oct-2006 10:41

e bike

Hi,
Just got ownership of my 999s and cant wait to get out on her....just doin the rounds on getting quotes for the insurance and E bike are coming out the cheapest....anybody had any dealings with them? i am with Carol Nash at the mo and they arent playing ball!

Cheers

NormanBurrows 20-Oct-2006 10:57

e-bike

First of all, you lucky so and so. The 'S' is my dream bike. Any road, e-bike have been great over the past 2 years I've used them. Running an St4s and a Blade, their price was best and service great. Continental touring was a simple matter of letting them know by email which a real person responded to within hours. Only problem has been on-line tax renewal. The gov site sees my Blade insurance but not the Duke. What bad taste is that?
Safe riding, Norm.

749er 20-Oct-2006 10:58

try ducati insurance they just quoted me £250 less than ebike

tripleX 20-Oct-2006 11:16

Yeh cheers for that i have tried Ducati insurance and thet are a bit dearer for me plus they dont include legal expences which i found a bit wierd they said you have to have the accident and then they put you in touch with somebody and then they tell you the cost seperatley all sounded a bit funny to me! apparentley its how they keep there costs down "we dont sell you something that you might never need"

749er 20-Oct-2006 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleX
Yeh cheers for that i have tried Ducati insurance and thet are a bit dearer for me plus they dont include legal expences which i found a bit wierd they said you have to have the accident and then they put you in touch with somebody and then they tell you the cost seperatley all sounded a bit funny to me! apparentley its how they keep there costs down "we dont sell you something that you might never need"

on my renewal its £15 extra for claims assistance

It has come in at £698 for a 2006 RSV1000R and a 2004 749.

London postcode, garaged, social /pleasure use, 2yrs ncb, clean license, no claims made, and I am 38. Dunno f that helps as a reference

anyone suggest a firm which might do better than Ducati Ins?

ducatisps 20-Oct-2006 12:03

Access Underwriting were mentioned on the last post on "Excellent deal on insurance!" You can find them on http://www.insuremyducati.co.uk

749er 20-Oct-2006 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducatisps
Access Underwriting were mentioned on the last post on "Excellent deal on insurance!" You can find them on http://www.insuremyducati.co.uk

thanks for that, they quoted less than £400 for the 749 on its own, have asked to to get back to me about the RSV

myles001 22-Jul-2011 22:37

ducati insurance is the cheapest i found i tried them all just say a bit dear and straight away offered introducion offer discount

paynep 22-Jul-2011 22:59

Been with ebike for a few years, but have now switched to DialDirect as their comp insurance was less than ebike's TPFT price.

HTH

chris.p 24-Jul-2011 07:53

Try Hastings Direct, 748R year 2000 , 1 sp30 :( , Termi's, Radial fork bottoms & Calipers, Fibergals Chili rep fairing, 9 years no claims bonus £114 :D :D :D

Chris:burn: