Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Multistrada: Enduro / Pikes Peak / V4 / V2 / 1260 / 1200 / 1100 / 1000 (/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Multistrada 1200 - who is buying one ? (/showthread.php?t=81108)

NormanBurrows 21-Apr-2010 15:22

ST4s you say?

1 Attachment(s)
Well chaps, I know where the world's best 'previously cherished' example resides. In fact, the way this machine has been looked after borders on the perverted. As of today, she has sneaked past 58, 800 miles but looks as if it's a tenth of that. Paintwork refreshed last year. Never needed rockers because the owner knows how to start engines carefully. Over two supertanker loads of Shell Ultra 4 have passed through her crankcases since new in May 2003. We don't like dirty oil do we? She does not use any discernable amount of oil and not much petrol either.

Nelly has serviced her religously since nearly new and I'm sure will endorse her if you want a 2nd opinion. MS1200 lust forces reluctant sale.

Reasonable offers might be considered.

drdaveboy 21-Apr-2010 19:51

pleased to say ive got my deposit down on a 1200 base with abs in red just got to sell my 59 plate hyper

Whele 22-Apr-2010 11:01

Sunday evening, leaving Monza and two new Multi's rode in the opposite direction, both white, they looked good but very quiet exhaust note.

lapman 25-Apr-2010 23:55

Had a go of a demonstrator on saturday. very impressed indeed. Decided to open up the 999R on the way back and realised what I would be missing.

I am seriously considering swapping to the Multi. Just have to wait and see if the sensible part of the brain takes over completely !

lapman

Digger 07-Aug-2011 20:10

Hello folks, I'm back

Been looking at a serious replacement for my well-used but much-loved Buell, which has taken me on many an adventure these past few years.

A chat to Monty at Cadwell the other day, and a perch on his 'strada had me making a call to Mr Jagger's Toy Emprorium.

Long story short, had a long and rewarding test ride on Saturday, absolutely loved it, and I've ordered mine. It's an S in red ('twould be rude not to) with Termi, luggage & satnav. It really is the bike I've been waiting for. Should be picking it up next month, already planning next year's trips with a bit more confidence. Exactly ten years since my first arrival here with a new 748R, I've been in the naughty corner but pleased to be on a proper bike once more.

Thanks, Monty

Looking forward to catching up with old pals again.

Monty 08-Aug-2011 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digger
Hello folks, I'm back

Been looking at a serious replacement for my well-used but much-loved Buell, which has taken me on many an adventure these past few years.

A chat to Monty at Cadwell the other day, and a perch on his 'strada had me making a call to Mr Jagger's Toy Emprorium.

Long story short, had a long and rewarding test ride on Saturday, absolutely loved it, and I've ordered mine. It's an S in red ('twould be rude not to) with Termi, luggage & satnav. It really is the bike I've been waiting for. Should be picking it up next month, already planning next year's trips with a bit more confidence. Exactly ten years since my first arrival here with a new 748R, I've been in the naughty corner but pleased to be on a proper bike once more.

Thanks, Monty

Looking forward to catching up with old pals again.

It was good to catch up with you too Digger-told you that you would want one if you rode it didn't I?

John

Rushjob 13-Jan-2012 08:34

I've joined the Multi clan.

Put a deposit on a red 1200S sport yesterday.....:D

Added panniers, top box, touring seats, heated grips, keyless fuel cap, full termi system......:lol:

So now have to sit on my hands till the 1st of March :(

AndyW.Inuk 14-Jan-2012 03:23

The wait will be worth it! :D ..........and at least the weather should be better by then ;-)

Meantime......

www.MTS1200.info

http://www.facebook.com/UK.MTS1200.Owners

;)

Digger 18-Jun-2012 22:31

So, the 'strada's settled in, I'm just back from a 2420 mile run through France to the Catalunya GP, some Pyrenees fun, San Sebastian & Bilbao. One niggle is the bloody exhaust valve. I'm running a Termi shorty carbon end can, and wonder what my options are for a system which avoids the valve altogether.

It's stuck shut a few times over the winter, and just once on the trip, on the last day leaving San Sebastian. Sorted it at the roadside with a squirt of chain lube, but I'm not prepared to live with the possibility that it might shut down and dramatically reduce the horses without notice.

Anyone have any suggestions? Any recommended local benders who've made a full system for the 1200S?