Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Shazaam! on Brakes, Tyres and Wheels (/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Titanium disc studs (/showthread.php?t=41300)

9rrr 27-Nov-2006 22:43

Titanium disc studs

Hi all. Im after 12 Titanium studs for my discs. Pro bolt want £57 Ebay £46. Does anyone know of anywhere cheaper. Thanks

Shazaam! 28-Nov-2006 00:49

The bolts that attach your rotors make a slip-critical safety-related connection that’s governed by bolt tensile load so the grade of titanium (tensile strength) becomes important. This may not be a good place to save money.

rcgbob44 28-Nov-2006 08:25

I replaced mine with domed socket head screws in A4 stainles with no problems, its a cheaper alternative than TI

Jasper 28-Nov-2006 09:26

I wouldn't use Ti on the brake disc bolts..ti is actually quite soft and when you come to take the bolts out you've a 99% chance of rounding the socket than it actually undoing!!I speak from experience.

Simon Reed 28-Nov-2006 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper
I wouldn't use Ti on the brake disc bolts..ti is actually quite soft and when you come to take the bolts out you've a 99% chance of rounding the socket than it actually undoing!!I speak from experience.

Don't do it !!!,i also had to drill everyone out,tried a snap-on easy out,then hammered a snap-on torx in,in the end the drill won !,on stainless now !!!,and with a hex head,not allen !