Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   ITV coverage of BSB (/showthread.php?t=29205)

TORTUGA 10-Apr-2006 07:26

ITV coverage of BSB

Well another week of crap coverage of BSB by ITV. Highlights of race one and full coverage of race two. ITV seems to miss the point with motorcycle fans. We want to see the whole race! I wonder if they would show a football match by showing highlights of the first half and full coverage of the second half ? No they wouldnt so why are they doing it to BSB. If you cant be assed to show it all then dont show it at all and leave it with Sky where it was good full coverage of the main avent and support races.
Is it just me or am I right?:flame:

Rob B 10-Apr-2006 07:29

I guess my cup is half full.

I am just happy that they are showing it on race day, if limited coverage, rather than a 30 min highglight spot a few weeks later when we already know all the results.

Market forces and all that i suppose. I guess we'll have to face it, we're a minority interest group.

Rgds, Rob

Iconic944ss 10-Apr-2006 08:12

I'm with Rob B on this one.

I was very surprised to see it at all. Well done to ITV for at least having a go.

Not everyone can afford the Sky 'sports' package.

But, it is a shame that its not on Eurosport.

Frank

Mark 10-Apr-2006 08:21

Coverage compared to Sky is trash.

:flame:

Ray 10-Apr-2006 15:54

I'm with the Skysports "have nots" on this one, getting to see a lot more than before:D

Crap coverage is better than no coverge.

Ray

Col996s 10-Apr-2006 16:01

Quote:

Originally posted by Ray
I'm with the Skysports "have nots" on this one, getting to see a lot more than before:D

Crap coverage is better than no coverge.

Ray

I agree.

Gaz 748 10-Apr-2006 16:53

Have to agree, something is better than nothing. :D

deej 11-Apr-2006 19:33

i agree with some coverage is better than none but what about the poor quality of commentary, the poor visual aids they use the complete lack of knowledge by all ( except whitham )

i used to begrudge paying the extra just for 5hours of bsb every other weeknd, now i understand why i did and why i would be happy to pay for sky for the excellent coverage they used to give

rant over :flame::flame:

domski 11-Apr-2006 19:36

I thought the 3 and a half hours of BSB action was very good actually.

...oops, that was on SKY weren't it :devil::lol:

Sorry :saint:

Road Runner 11-Apr-2006 19:41

Thank god for Jamie Whitham.:D
I can't stand Barry Nuttley he not only gets it all wrong but his voice is so anoying:flame: