Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Realistic costs for the race series? (/showthread.php?t=12345)

NBs996 12-Dec-2004 20:54

Quote:

Originally posted by phoenix n max

And Phoenix is still tooling around at the back but enjoying herself just as much as she did at the beginning of the season :P;)

see you at the back then phoenix!!

Rattler 12-Dec-2004 20:57

Quote:

Originally posted by NBs996

and what the rattly one loses on me down the straight cos he's a "few" stone heavier, he'll make up with his css cornering skills.

Wot you talkin' 'bout Willis??????? I've been in hard training for weeks now!!! I'm now up to 8 Mince Pies a week!!

You bein' fatist????

Besides which, I reckon you're spot on with all of your other comments.

Fattler!!

[Edited on 12-12-2004 by Rattler]

NBs996 12-Dec-2004 21:01

I'll have to relieve you of them mince pies sir... you know it's for your own good!

Rattler 12-Dec-2004 21:05

Quote:

I'll have to relieve you of them mince pies sir... you know it's for your own good!

Ah 'tis the time for festive cheer and good will to all men - but you can bog off!!!

Them pies are mine I tell ya, mine, all mine!!!!!!!!!

skidlids 12-Dec-2004 21:47

Quote:

Originally posted by weeksy
OK, here's whe bit i get myself in trouble (again)

Do you really think it's acceptable for a bunch of blokes to turn up in the paddock all riding pieces of crap kicked together from breakers yards, no

From what I have seen of WJBs CB500 I would say yes it still happens.

Now to read the rest of the posts and maybe add a few more comments.

Iconic944ss 12-Dec-2004 22:32

I think someone here already pointed out that British Supersport riders dont use tyre warmers ????

Frank

Nigel C 12-Dec-2004 22:42

Quote:

[OK, here's whe bit i get myself in trouble (again)

Do you really think it's acceptable for a bunch of blokes to turn up in the paddock all riding pieces of crap kicked together from breakers yards, no warmers/awnings/gennies/vans etc etc etc and go play out on track ??

Maybe 15 years ago this is how people raced Kev, it simply doesn't happen these days. Think of how professional the paddocks are these days when you go to a meeting.

Also... they may be turning up a lot faster than you or i, but i dare say they have a LOT more ability than either of us mate :) Warmers are not just physical improvments, they are psychological too.....

Thats how i did it 10 years ago on a tzr250 had a van but that was it !! one set of tyres lasted me a whole season as i blew my budget on a stage 3 tune, tyre warmers are a waste of time in a club race cos by the time your called ,made your way to the holding area and rolled up to the grid they are cold again !!

phoenix n max 12-Dec-2004 23:03

Quote:

Quote:

And Phoenix is still tooling around at the back but enjoying herself just as much as she did at the beginning of the season :P;)

see you at the back then phoenix!!

Race yer for it ;)

phoenix n max 12-Dec-2004 23:07

Quote:

You're gonna spend 3 days sitting round in a paddock in nothing but your tent ???

Beers and BBQ available in my awning then lads - but please wear something else other than a tent :o

NBs996 12-Dec-2004 23:15

Quote:

Beers and BBQ available in my awning then lads - but please wear something else other than a tent :o

yeah, now that's what I'm talking about!
sort out some beer and grub phoenix, and I'll let you have last place off me :burn: