Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers! (/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   MCE (/showthread.php?t=85483)

Cranker V2 06-Feb-2012 10:17

Helet gloves leathers boots etc have always been covered via my house insurance. I always ask car/bike insurers to remove that part of the insurance asI am covered elswhere.

I have been paid out twice for genuine claims when I was road riding. Most people seem to forget that house insurance includes accidental damage etc.

tcat 06-Feb-2012 16:54

Good point, never thought about that it being covered under my home policy :)

It is technically a single article worth less than £1500.00

Cranker V2 06-Feb-2012 17:11

I claimed helmet £250, gloves £80, boots £180, leathers £800, watch £!!!, rucksack £40. I think there was depreciation/wear n tear to pay on the helmet (!) so got 80% of value.

TheDrunkenBakers 09-Mar-2012 22:29

Yikes, Ive just done some comparison stuff on t'interweb as i will need cover on the new beaut after 21st April - current insurer wont charge anything up until that time but aftr that its 70 big ones - and MCE are consisently the best option with the best inclusions.

It alls seems too good to be true having read some review online and they seem to be flaky in every department, especially customer service. i am doubtful but they are 50% cheaper, at least, than everyone else.

michel couque 11-Mar-2012 00:31

as they say.if it sounds to good to be true..you have been warned,customer service is nil if you should have the unfortunate need to call on it.i would rather pay double after my episode.