Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Streetfighter: V4 / V2 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=208)
-   -   Low Speed Fuelling Fix? (/showthread.php?t=93413)

Yellowduke 05-Apr-2012 16:11

Low Speed Fuelling Fix?

Has anyone found a fix for the juddery low speed fuelling other than slipping the clutch? Preferably something no more than a few hundred quid.

Ghost 05-Apr-2012 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellowduke
Has anyone found a fix for the juddery low speed fuelling other than slipping the clutch? Preferably something no more than a few hundred quid.

Drop a tooth on the front sprocket.

Dementor 06-Apr-2012 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
Drop a tooth on the front sprocket.

or if an 848 2 up on the rear sprocket, how it should have come from the factory imho :)

Ghost 06-Apr-2012 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dementor
or if an 848 2 up on the rear sprocket, how it should have come from the factory imho :)

Bikes are always overgeared from the manufacturer.

On my 749 I have dropped one on the front and put 3 on the back. Great for buzzing around with peeps but if touring I would just up it one on the front.

As now depending on the road conditions, I can hit the limiter in top and the clock is reading 153 mph.

Dementor 06-Apr-2012 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost

As now depending on the road conditions, I can hit the limiter in top and the clock is reading 153 mph.

Sure that is a typo Phil, you meant Track ;)

15 front 41 rear :)

bradders 06-Apr-2012 23:24

You'd better change ir back fr the summer run Phil - or at that top end we'll leave you behind ;) :lol:

Ghost 07-Apr-2012 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
You'd better change ir back fr the summer run Phil - or at that top end we'll leave you behind ;) :lol:

I still have the broken middle finger from trying to keep up on our Cotswold run 18 months ago, after you threw a stone at me. Just thought Karma for my 5th position at Brands. :D :devil:

keith_mann1959 18-Apr-2012 18:18

depends what you mean by poor running, or do you mean just the juddering from being too tall geared like the guys have described ?

My ST4S used to suffer horrible low speed stuttering, stalling and jerky behaviour especially when it was hot that it would make you not want to ride it.

It has the lower gearing already by the way.

Nelly fixed it and no i dont know what was done but it runs better now than it ever did.