Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Fire extinguisher testing (/showthread.php?t=185455)

coppersaucepipe 27-Feb-2013 18:27

Fire extinguisher testing

Where do people get it done?

dunlop0_1 27-Feb-2013 18:44

Testing in what way? If the needle is in the green then everything should be ok. :D

skidlids 27-Feb-2013 19:48

Ask at your local fire station, Tony Morley one of the volunteer fireman over at Lambourne is very helpful, he was also a full time fireman at Harwell when I was there and came around and did all the fire extinguishers in our building, I use to just sneak my race one in amongst them :)

Basically they will weigh them and check the pressure

chris.p 27-Feb-2013 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Ask at your local fire station, Tony Morley one of the volunteer fireman over at Lambourne is very helpful, he was also a full time fireman at Harwell when I was there and came around and did all the fire extinguishers in our building, I use to just sneak my race one in amongst them :)

So, do you mean you will be taking the DD paddocks fire extingushers home with you after Snetterton for testing then Skids;)

Chris:burn:

coppersaucepipe 27-Feb-2013 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Testing in what way? If the needle is in the green then everything should be ok. :D

Do you get away with that? ACU rule book says its supposed to have a certificate

coppersaucepipe 27-Feb-2013 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids

Thanks

skidlids 27-Feb-2013 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.p
So, do you mean you will be taking the DD paddocks fire extingushers home with you after Snetterton for testing then Skids;)

Chris:burn:

Chris I said WHEN I worked at Harwell, that was 2 years ago before the Redundancy came along, this year I may just buy a new one from either LIDL or Screwfix, unless I can get hold of Tony before the second meeting which is when mine will be due.
Although I do have a couple of others that might be able to get it done for me, or maybe I could sneak it in to my new work place but not sure when they are getting theirs done

skidlids 27-Feb-2013 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by coppersaucepipe
Do you get away with that? ACU rule book says its supposed to have a certificate

Steve Mine has a certification label on the side with about a dozen available lines for it to be signed off and dated, I'm about half way through those lines.
So the inspection is to check it conforms to the BSI referred to on the cert and has to be carried out by an approved/qualified person

skidlids 27-Feb-2013 20:49

£27 From Screwfix
http://www.screwfix.com/p/firechief-...bMtAodU nIAYg

antonye 27-Feb-2013 21:48

I always moaned about having to pay out for a fire extinguisher, but to be honest it's one of the best pieces of safety equipment you can have either at home or in the car/van. It really could save your life or somebody else's!