Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Monsters (/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Monster - few questions! (/showthread.php?t=36717)

Ozz 24-Sep-2006 22:47

Monster - few questions!

Only got it last friday but a couple of questions so far (some may be answered by a Haynes manual assuming there is one):

1. The seat - it move back and forth about 2 inches. Is that normal? Had a look underneath and nothing appears to be missing.
2. Front brake. I have put it down to the wet weather ride but when braking from more than about 50mph it gave out a large squeel. The braking seemed fine and there was no judder so have ruled out warped discs...
3. The clutch currently bites too close to the bar for my preference. I assume there is an adjuster at the business end of the cable for this to change the bite position? (Have not really had a chance to look but a quick look and seemed to be a nut to move).

Scooter916 24-Sep-2006 22:56

HMM
1, not right
2. Strip and clean, reasemple with a bit of copper paste on rear of pads, check anti squeal shims.
3, No adjustment hydraulic. try bleeding.
Hope this helps
Glyn

Albie 24-Sep-2006 23:06

Seat. Is it actually located at front. It slots under a locator and then sits down at back on a pin or a latch and clicks.

Brakes. Sounds like worn pads or dust trapped or needs copperslip smeared on BACK of brake pads. My back one sounds like an old bus.

Clutch try bleeding. Overnite cable tie the clutch lever to the bar to expel air

Ozz 25-Sep-2006 22:04

Seat cured! 2 to go....

Has anyone bought the ducati workshop manual online? I saw a link from Yorkie on the Monster site. 2.5 euros I think...

Albie 25-Sep-2006 22:22

Did I help. Hope so. Good luck with others.

skidlids 25-Sep-2006 23:25

Ozz I have a PDFs of the 2000 Monster 600 I can email you if you want, the parts manuals and the owners handbook around 4.5mb for one and 3.77mb the other

Ozz 25-Sep-2006 23:26

Kev that would be brilliant! Email is ducati@phelliker.freeserve.co.uk.

Many thanks!

Ozz 05-Nov-2006 22:22

Am about to do the clutch as today the bike was moving forward with clutch lever all the way in!

Also think I'll get some new front pads. Anyone recommend a make/dealer?

skidlids 05-Nov-2006 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozz
Am about to do the clutch as today the bike was moving forward with clutch lever all the way in!

Also think I'll get some new front pads. Anyone recommend a make/dealer?

The clutch on my M600 has been feeling a bit iffy of late, as though the clutch hose is expanding to far or the mastercylinder isn't moving enough fluid, not quite dragging but doesn't seel like it use to.

Lots of pads around including some on Ebay.

best stick with the tried and tested Brands

Carbon Lorraines/EBCs/Ferodo/Bendix etc

skidlids 05-Nov-2006 23:17

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-EBC-FA9...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-Brembo-...QQcmdZViewItem