Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Worn Clutch Basket - Help Required (/showthread.php?t=293994)

r15suk 24-Mar-2014 19:11

Worn Clutch Basket - Help Required

2 Attachment(s)
Hi,

Attached are a couple of pics of my clutch basket. Can anyone tell me if they feel that the clutch basket is excessively worn is is it normal?

Cheers
Simon

dunlop0_1 24-Mar-2014 19:44

Simon.

It's worn but IMO not excessively. Like it is the only side effect would be the clutch noise will be a tad louder, more so if you run steel friction plates.

Steel baskets are usually cheap on fleabay. :)

These aluminium ones are good value considering a UK seller is trying to flog a used one at the same price..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Alu...item20e18b3b5f

Neil

r15suk 24-Mar-2014 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Simon.

It's worn but IMO not excessively. Like it is the only side effect would be the clutch noise will be a tad louder, more so if you run steel friction plates.

Steel baskets are usually cheap on fleabay. :)

These aluminium ones are good value considering a UK seller is trying to flog a used one at the same price..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Alu...item20e18b3b5f

Neil

Thanks for the prompt response :-) I guessed that it might be ok but wanted to make sure. My VFR has similar wear and thats ok, but the Ducati being a dry clutch i wanted to make sue. I don't mind a bit of noise :D

I'll take a look at the eBay link.

Cheers
Simon

antonye 24-Mar-2014 21:23

Looks no worse than the one on my Hypermotard at the moment!

It might screech a bit more when pulling away due to the plates not freely moving in the basket, but they certainly won't get stuck with yours.

When they get really notched/ridged you can always dress them lightly with a file or sandpaper to take the roughness off and allow them to slide again.

r15suk 24-Mar-2014 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
Looks no worse than the one on my Hypermotard at the moment!

It might screech a bit more when pulling away due to the plates not freely moving in the basket, but they certainly won't get stuck with yours.

When they get really notched/ridged you can always dress them lightly with a file or sandpaper to take the roughness off and allow them to slide again.

Nice one, ta.

simon