Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Cheap Jerry Cans - Aldi £10.69 (/showthread.php?t=78297)

antonye 19-Jan-2009 14:56

Cheap Jerry Cans - Aldi £10.69

20L steel jerry cans from Aldi go on sale thursday - £10.69 each!

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...09-01-19-11-33

ChrisBushell 19-Jan-2009 15:41

Ant

These look seriously cheap and they are the thicker metal ones. Now how can I make sure that I get into the Mordon Aldi early enough to grab a couple?

Chris

antonye 19-Jan-2009 15:55

I popped in there this weekend to see if they had any motorcycle battery chargers (like Optimates) left as they had them on sale last week and I've heard good reports about them.

It was packed in there and typically they didn't have any left either!

I was discussing Aldi's image with the wife, and I don't think they're any cheaper than Tescos/Adsa/Sainsbury's to be honest. The difference is that at Tesco you might get 4 levels of pricing going from "Tesco Basic" (cheapest) > "Tesco Own-Brand" > "Well know brand" > "Tesco Finest" (most expensive).

The difference is that Aldi (etc) only sell one particular item at one price point which makes everything appear to be cheaper.

I'm sure if you walked round Tescos and bought nothing but basics/own-brand it would be just as cheap - although I wouldn't like to comment on quality!

Ray 19-Jan-2009 17:00

Mmmmmmmm cake bars on offer:D

Been in Aldi a few times, bought the odd thing, but found a lot of stuff was cheaper in sainsbury's across the road.

Some stuff is cheaper and there are some good deals to be had but you need to know yer onions, or at least the price of them:lol:

If you really get into saving ££££ or "getting better value" to avoid some p taking from yer mates who claim they don't do "saving money"

www.moneysavingexpert.com might be worth a look. TheForum on there has some good stuff that people post up as they find it.

oooops maybe I'm bigging up the Yorkshire stereotype again:eek: :lol:

Ray.