Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Max to WSB and Ducati? (/showthread.php?t=25403)

KeefyB 29-Dec-2005 11:07

Max to WSB and Ducati?

Comments please,.....

sparkin 29-Dec-2005 11:20

For some reason,don`t ask me why but I like the guy:puzzled:
Hope he does well:)

Ian Harris 29-Dec-2005 12:28

Quote:

Originally posted by sparkin
For some reason,don`t ask me why but I like the guy:puzzled:

Yeah, it can't have been easy having a talent like Rossi arriving just as he was hoping to repeat his 250 results in 500's, and I think Rossi is an absolute master at winding Biaggi up so he looks like a pr@t.

Feel pretty sorry for the way things have ended for him in Moto GP (however much he might have been the architect of his own demise). It would be good to see him doing well in WSB (particularly if he's on a Duke), but will his style work well on a superbike :puzzled:

Gizmo 29-Dec-2005 12:55

ooh now there's a surprise :D Ducati are short of cash, Biaggi has Camel funding him, their millions of euro could probably run all of Ducati Corse :) It looks like yellow might be the fastest colour in WSB next year :D

the phantom pieman 29-Dec-2005 12:57

At least it will make WSB a little more interesting ....

Monty 29-Dec-2005 14:45

"but will his style work well on a superbike?"

In my opinion yes-Max is the archetypal 250GP rider-all corner speed and absolute precision. Dukes like that, the 916 when it was first released, (and by definition the 999 since it is very similar in terms of size and layout) was stated to be based on a 250GP bike in terms of size and handling-all corner speed, he should go well.
As to whether I think he should be there and will Ducati Corse be able to handle him and his well known tantrums-that's another matter-but-they are an Italian team, and he's Italian so if anyone can sort him they should be able to.
The Camel money would be pretty handy as well I think................

John

TP 29-Dec-2005 15:15

I hope he goes there and Troy kicks him in the arse every race - I shall be quite mirthful!

:lol:

ericthered40 29-Dec-2005 16:02

Glad he's got a ride, may be not of late but i can remember his 250 days
and some awesome riding. I think he's gonna go well in wsb he's been in mgp to long chasing golden boll-ox. :)

Twinfan 29-Dec-2005 16:35

He's not got the ride yet ;)

YMFB 29-Dec-2005 16:52

doesnt he have a problem, nobody likes him as he chucks his teddy out of the pram everytime he is asked to do do anything.