Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Monsters (/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Practical Sportsbikes magazine: 1993-98 Monsters wanted (/showthread.php?t=84123)

rucksack16 23-Mar-2011 15:13

Practical Sportsbikes magazine: 1993-98 Monsters wanted

Hello,

I'm Chris Newbigging, features editor on Practical Sportsbikes magazine. If you've not seen the mag, it's a relatively new one aimed at '70s-'90s sportsbikes. Current issue on sale has an RD250LC on the cover if you fancy a look :)

We're looking for five original 600/750/900 Monsters for a feature. 'Five of the Best' focusses on a different model every month, showcasing the modifications and upgrades owners lavish on their pride and joy.

This month we're looking for five modified Monsters - original 900/750/600s only I'm afraid. We're looking for owners who've really thought about it and created the bike they want - not just thrown the credit card at an M&P catalogue.

The shoot is pencilled to happen on Wednesday 13 April, at a location yet to be confirmed. It won't involve any riding (by us or you), so if you want to trailer it in that's fine - it doesn't even need to run for the shoot, as long as it's complete and looks lovely - so flat batteries from winter storage etc aren't a problem.

Please send one picture of your bike and some info, with a daytime telephone number to: chris.newbigging@bauermedia.co.uk

We'll select the best mix of bikes and notify owners in good time. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your bikes.

Cheers

Chris

antonye 23-Mar-2011 15:54

Hi Chris,

If you haven't already you should try the UK Monsters Owners Club as they are probably the right (better!) audience to choose from, but certainly if any members can help we'll drop you a line.

You can find UKMOC here: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/

Good luck!

PS. Love the mag!

rucksack16 23-Mar-2011 16:33

Top, I'll try there too. Glad you're enjoying the mag!

Chris

bradders 23-Mar-2011 16:44

why not get a race bike in there too....Rons would be a great one to feature

ells 23-Mar-2011 18:51

+1 on what Bradders just said. Would have thought a DD monster would be a good choice and Rons is rather neat and tidy

Gbyte666 23-Mar-2011 19:01

Yea Rons bike with a free pair of these attached to the Mag:

Craig

rucksack16 24-Mar-2011 08:47

Er... forgive my ignorance, but Ron's bike? :confused:

Cheers

Chris

bradders 24-Mar-2011 09:03

pm 'Jolley' - thats Rons DSC name - and he has a perfect example of how you can change a monster with attention to detail and make a race bike look like a showpeice

Nottsbiker 22-Feb-2012 11:09

Let us know when the magazine hits the shelves as I'd like to pick up that copy :)

Cranker V2 22-Feb-2012 12:14

Last year (maybe)............this thread is around 11 months old