Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   right choice?? (/showthread.php?t=24622)

mucka749 01-Dec-2005 23:18

right choice??

i need reassurance that ive done the right thing in buying these termi's(8018606571)£450 i had to snap his hand off.have i done right and is there anything else i need and how much it will cost would be grateful if i got some feed back tonight so that i could sleep easy before telling misses in the morning cheers mucka:burn:

khu996 01-Dec-2005 23:37

Look fine to me. Normally they come with the air filters, but I'm sure its no big deal. I'd still get it set up, preferably with a PCIII, at the very least, have the CO set.

Good deal for £475, the last Termis I was watching went for £790!

mucka749 01-Dec-2005 23:51

the air filters shouldnt be that much tho?wot you reckon £100 khu

khu996 01-Dec-2005 23:56

Not even £100 mate, have a look here, they're about £50 excluding VAT:

http://www.ducatistore.co.uk/acatalo...nce_Parts.html

If you just want the Termis for the noise, I wouldnt even bother with the filters, they wont make that much of a difference IMHO.

HW 02-Dec-2005 00:39

When I had the Asymetric termi on 749s and had the original ECU refitted (due to ECU for Termi blowing up), a dyno run showed that the fuel mixture at higher revs was very lean. The dyno guy was concerned I'd been running it like that for long because it was likely to do damage. I'd really recommend getting a PC3 and use the map supplied or get a custom setup to correct it. I ended up using the supplied map and it works very nicely.

I might soon have a brand new ECU spare, for 749 asymetric Termi. It's being replaced under warranty, and I have no intention ditching the PC3 now.

mucka749 02-Dec-2005 18:36

sorted thanks for the help all,let me know hw when and how much you want for the ecu:sing:

HW 02-Dec-2005 18:42

Quote:

Originally posted by mucka749
sorted thanks for the help all,let me know hw when and how much you want for the ecu:sing:

I'll go chase that up then. Best start thinking about how much you'd be willing to pay for it. It'll be brand new in the box, and therefore "not keyed to the bike". Don't know if you're aware, but once you've had the ECU set up on the bike it's linked to the key and can't be changed (allegedly)!

mucka749 02-Dec-2005 18:50

i think i read somewhere on an old thread that this was the case,im not even certain which route to go down.im more after the sound of the exhaust foremost and power gains second is there much in it with using either one???ECU or PC111.

posiden 02-Dec-2005 18:58

Do you really need to fit the ECU for the Termis ?
I was told that the Termi ECU was developed on a track and doesnt go that well on the road.
Im not after the extra power either and was hoping to just fit the pipes and get the CO adjusted so that it runs right.
Ive just bought the filters for £80 from JHP and there like a pair of tights over a wire frame !

mucka749 02-Dec-2005 19:05

good question.im thinking maybe that or the pc3 will smooth out the power delivery or something like that to make it a more pleasurable ride,any thing below 3000revs and its dire