Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Summer Pronto is out (/showthread.php?t=80606)

WeeJohnyB 12-Sep-2009 16:54

Summer Pronto is out

Another cracking Pronto in the post this morning.

Some really good articles and some random person relaxing for the caption contest photo (cheers Guido).

Lovely piece on Lucie (Grib).

Well done to Jools and everyone who contributed and got it produced and packaged and posted.

WeeJohnyB

Col996s 12-Sep-2009 17:14

Well said WJB.

I think that not having a printed version of Pronto is a backwards step. There is so much info availabe these days on the web then it will become just another piece of data to download. Having a printed copy delivered to the door is far better IMHO.
I know there is an option to get a printed copy but if not enough people opt for this it will not be viable for the club to go to the printers for just a few copies?
What is the break even number Jools?

WeeJohnyB 12-Sep-2009 19:48

Each to their own Col. I know many have been asking for it for a while and are happy to read on a screen or print off and read. Personally I like the glossy hardcopy. If it saves the club money, then great. Bit miffed at having to pay another £10 in membership, a 50% increase for the same as I got this year. Effectively £1.25 a copy if you want a hardcopy quarterly. I would have thought another £5 would have done it. £30 will put a lot of people off imo. This is the first 'differentiated' membership as far as I know. Where next?

WeeJohnyB

skidlids 12-Sep-2009 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
Each to their own Col. I know many have been asking for it for a while and are happy to read on a screen or print off and read. Personally I like the glossy hardcopy. If it saves the club money, then great. Bit miffed at having to pay another £10 in membership, a 50% increase for the same as I got this year. Effectively £1.25 a copy if you want a hardcopy quarterly. I would have thought another £5 would have done it. £30 will put a lot of people off imo. This is the first 'differentiated' membership as far as I know. Where next?

WeeJohnyB

Seconded

gordonparker 13-Sep-2009 07:06

Thirded:eek:
Quote:

WeeJohnyB

chris.p 13-Sep-2009 10:46

Quote:

WeeJohnyB

Fourthed:(

Surly an increase of that amount should be put to the membership for a vote???

Chris:burn:

bradders 13-Sep-2009 18:08

thought the idea was a discount if you didnt rather than extra if you did

WeeJohnyB 14-Sep-2009 14:39

That's true Bradders, what happenned to that one?

WeeJohnyB

Ray 14-Sep-2009 16:32

Before this gets too off track.

Yep, another cracking Pronto, thanks to all involved especially the article writers and Jools.

Ray.

skidlids 14-Sep-2009 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray
Yep, another cracking Pronto, thanks to all involved especially the article writers and Jools.

I'll second those comments, its taking me a bit longer to read through this one, well done all those concerned