Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   New User Introductions (/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Newbie from Lancashire (/showthread.php?t=455862)

pete m 10-Jul-2016 11:22

Newbie from Lancashire

Hi All,

New to the forum but not to Dukes, I've had a '98 ST2 a couple of years. I've been riding over thirty five years.

I'm an active member of the FJ/FJR Owners Club attending as many runs as possible with the Wife. (I own an FJR AE and I restored an FJ1200 3XW a couple of years ago).

It (ST2) had sat in my Dads workshop for many a year as he prefers twins of the flat variety.

Well it was pretty useless as a working motorbike when I went to pick it up, although immaculate to look at it was plagued with electrical issues, needed a belt change and an MOT.

Solenoid, battery leads and the correct battery for the single phase genny and it was put right.

Next I thought I'd look for some more "go" so some nice carbon pipes, DP performance EPROM and air filter got it just right.

Bar risers, Zero G screen and a Corbin seat sorted the comfort.

It's now a brilliant all round bike, in fact I enjoyed riding that much I picked up an ST3 too (which I've just broke the RHS handlebar clamp on) Grrrrrrrr.

Always loved Italian bikes as a kid but my Dad wouldn't entertain 'em.

I will be looking for a Multistrada in a couple of years when it's time to move on my FJR AE.

So I'd just like to say "hello All"!

xerox749 21-Aug-2016 08:57

Newbie form Lancashire 2

hello all sold my 600ss and replaced with a Ducati 749 here's to some spreading of thoughts and knowledge,
:D

Iconic944ss 22-Aug-2016 14:36

Well done!

Always nice to hear of another ST being restored to roadworthy.

The Buell owners club / Italian event at Spillsby might be a short run out for you, Oct, I believe.

Cheers

pete m 25-Sep-2016 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by xerox749
hello all sold my 600ss and replaced with a Ducati 749 here's to some spreading of thoughts and knowledge,
:D

Is that you Rod?