Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers! (/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Travel Insurance (/showthread.php?t=13755)

Eamonn 31-Jan-2005 23:48

Travel Insurance

I was about to renew my annual travel insurance cover last week only to find a small clause....

We regret you will not be insured for any loss of property or damage or personal injury whilst riding on a motor cycle as a rider or passenger

:flame:

So does anyone have any recommendations for general travel insurance that will cover riding bikes?

NBs996 31-Jan-2005 23:51

A couple of years ago I was travelling the world on a weekly basis, I bought a 12 month policy from BA and bikes weren't in their exlusion list.

Redruth 31-Jan-2005 23:53

Quote:

Originally posted by NBs996
A couple of years ago I was travelling the world on a weekly basis, I bought a 12 month policy from BA and bikes weren't in their exlusion list.

So that would be 'Round the World in Seven Days'. You really are AMAZING Nick :lol::lol:

lizzie 01-Feb-2005 15:10

We use http://www.worldwideinsure.com having checked with them and got the following reply:

"Jean@Customer Services" wrote:

I am pleased to confirm that our policies do all provide medical and emgerency cover for motorcycling holidays. This means that you would be covered for the cost of treatment or repatriation following injury whilst motorcycling. However, there is an exclusion under Personal Accident which means that you or your estate would not receive the lump sum compensation payout in the event of your permanent disablement or death resulting from a motorcycling accident. In addition, the Personal Liability cover within travel insurance does not apply whilst riding the motorcycle. I hope this is of help to you. Jean Bonner-Williams "

Mind you, I shall check again before renewing it this year, just to make sure nothing's changed.

Oh and they are (or at least were) extremely good value too. Haven't ever tried to claim though.