Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Technical - Help or Info - NON Motorcycle (/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Internet explorer problem (/showthread.php?t=39257)

Col996s 26-Nov-2006 20:41

Internet explorer problem

Tonight when I powered up my p.c microsoft decided to upgrade my Internet explorer.
Page layout has changed but I can cope with this. Main problem is that when I open it up it does not go into my home page as it did before. It trys to go into http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx but comes up with a "script error pop up box". When I press "continue" it goes to a blank blue page. If I click on the home button then it does then bring up my home page.
This is annoying, can anybody help me please.

phil_h 26-Nov-2006 20:45

The 'runonce' page that ie7 shows on first startup is just to tell you about the new features, so dont worry about it too much.
The menu to change your home page is at the top right from the button with a cog on it ( :) ) - go to 'internet options' at the bottom

Fordie 26-Nov-2006 20:47

Had mine "upgraded" as well but it still goes to DSC home page all right. Have you tryed going into Tools --- Internet Options --- Home page and type in your DSC address again and re apply it as default ???? 4D

Col996s 26-Nov-2006 21:25

Thanks guys. Tried what you both suggested but it still goes to Runonce even on a re-boot.

Col996s 26-Nov-2006 21:30

I think what's hapening is that as you said it should just run "Runonce" once (funny enough) but because it is coming up with a script error it never thinks it's ran and so loads everytime.

YMFB 26-Nov-2006 21:31

turn off your auto updates, IMHO.

What does it say in the home page box under internet options ?

phil_h 26-Nov-2006 21:53

Hmmm
well, if you're feeling lucky ...
from the start menu, go to the 'run' command
enter 'regedit'
then navigate down the tree on the left to ...
hkey_current_user - software - microsoft - internet explorer - main
you should see quite a lot of stuff on the right, including
RunonceComplete
RunOnceHasShown
both of these have values of 1 when the 'runonce' has finished

Col996s 26-Nov-2006 22:05

Thank Phil.
Followed what you said. RunonceComplete and RunOnceHasShown does not appear in the list. Can I create it?

Tonio600 26-Nov-2006 22:51

I'm sure you can create the registry entry mate, but tbh the best fix for Internet Explorer is called Firefox.

domski 26-Nov-2006 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonio600
I'm sure you can create the registry entry mate, but tbh the best fix for Internet Explorer is called Firefox.

What the French bloke said ;)

Firefox rules :D