Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Wanted - black fairing fasteners (/showthread.php?t=36718)

beancounter 25-Sep-2006 08:15

Wanted - black fairing fasteners

A couple of the fairing fasteners fell out of my SP3 when Jools took it to the v-twin meet a couple of months ago. Being an SP3 they were black ones, but I've only been able to replace them with the (later) gold ones, the black ones no longer available (I'm told).

So, does anyone have any black ones which are surplus to requirements, or know where I can source some from?

Many thanks.

BC

yellow916 25-Sep-2006 09:44

BC

Do you mean the black discs that go under the allen bolts that hold the fairing in place? If so, I'm sure I got a couple from a Ducati dealer not that long ago - probably Veloce in Swardeston (near Norfolk). If the bolts are falling out, might be an idea to check the well nuts (which are still available).

HTH

Andrew

beancounter 25-Sep-2006 10:36

Andrew, yes that's exactly what I mean (the black discs under the allen bolts).

The well nuts are fine.

Thanks

BC

Simon Reed 25-Sep-2006 10:55

Try BSR !

http://www.bsr-aerotek.com

nelly 25-Sep-2006 11:13

I've got 4 originals in stock. Doesn't appear they are obsolete as they are still on the catalogue? It's just that the bike isn't. The SP5 is though and that used black ones to i think?

antonye 25-Sep-2006 11:22

Gold ones + black pen = sorted :D

Ains. 25-Sep-2006 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelly
I've got 4 originals in stock. Doesn't appear they are obsolete as they are still on the catalogue? It's just that the bike isn't. The SP5 is though and that used black ones to i think?

SP4 was the last of the black buttons.
SP5 used the gold/bronze coloured articles.

The other option is to grab a slack handful of any old colour and get them electro-coated.

Ains.

weeveetwin 25-Sep-2006 17:34

1 Attachment(s)
Hi BC

Do they have to be exactly as original? I fitted a kit of polished alloy ones to mine. (The black ones seem too much like plastic for me). Here's how they look.

beancounter 25-Sep-2006 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by weeveetwin
Hi BC

Do they have to be exactly as original? I fitted a kit of polished alloy ones to mine. (The black ones seem too much like plastic for me). Here's how they look.

Yeah, prefer original as far as poss.

bolds 25-Sep-2006 19:17

Black alloy cup washers pt no 84110011B
Black domed fairing allen screws 037099013
Apparently all still available from Ducati