Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   996 - BMC Air-filters (/showthread.php?t=84144)

007 27-Mar-2011 20:43

996 - BMC Air-filters

Hello All,

Just wanted to pick your brains please.

I'm looking to fit BMC air-filters inside my airbox, such as the ones listed below;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I would be grateful of your feedback/experiences of using such a product over and above the Pipercoss in-airtube filters which I use now (std OEM replacement).

Thanks & best regards,

James

skidlids 27-Mar-2011 20:48

Can't comment on that filter kit but I have used BMC filters in most of my race bikes over the years and have been haapy with the results.

Oh and Alan from A&R racing who is selling them is a great guy

007 27-Mar-2011 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Can't comment on that filter kit but I have used BMC filters in most of my race bikes over the years and have been haapy with the results.

Oh and Alan from A&R racing who is selling them is a great guy

Thanks Kev,

I'm in the process of changing over to CF airtubes and a CF std air-box, and looking at air filter options. Many people have mentioned that fitting air filter units inside the airbox is a negative regarding air volume and throttle response. The BMC units seem to have wide acclaim.

Best regards,

James

Gobert23 28-Mar-2011 14:44

I've seen, but not actually used, the BMC filters; having looked at the options available when using larger airtubes and airbox.

The parts are certainly well made, but (personally) I struggle to see how they can justify the cost over others (e.g. Pipercross/PiperX)

jejemg 28-Mar-2011 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007
Many people have mentioned that fitting air filter units inside the airbox is a negative regarding air volume and throttle response.

I've mounted this model when changing for CF airtubes : no difference with OEM

007 30-Mar-2011 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jejemg
I've mounted this model when changing for CF airtubes : no difference with OEM

Thanks indeed for your help. I'll take the plunge...

Best regards,

James

007 30-Mar-2011 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobert23
I've seen, but not actually used, the BMC filters; having looked at the options available when using larger airtubes and airbox.

The parts are certainly well made, but (personally) I struggle to see how they can justify the cost over others (e.g. Pipercross/PiperX)

Thanks indeed for your help.

Regards,

James