Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Bikes For Sale & Wanted (/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   2011 Championship winning bike for sale (/showthread.php?t=84982)

Ghost 14-Oct-2011 22:05

2011 Championship winning bike for sale

OK, here it is at last finished from its refresh. I have had both heads off re-lapped the valves and reset the rocker clearances with new half rings fitted also. Cam timing set to a figure that I use and works, I would let the new owner know the values. :D I re-shelled the bottom end at the beginning of the 2011 season, also having the crank balanced.

New Xylan coated Arias pistons were installed. I took the bike to BTB exhausts near Daventry for a bespoke system, as the system I had made myself was actually robbing some power. This system cost £500.

The ignition system I use is sanctioned for use on Micro-lite aircraft, thus is ultra reliable. This was €650 from Germany. Carbs are stage2 dyna jetted, I run a bespoke airbox.

So what is on offer?? The engine and ignition system and exhaust as raced with a Double win at Oulton, a win and a second at Anglesey, a win and a second at Mallory.

The frame and rearsets as raced all year, steering head bearings were new also. Front forks are Showa from a 2004, 620 ssie. Rear shock is from the same 620 ssie. Front wheel and tyre is as raced at Oulton and won on...Twice :D Rear wheel is from last year.

I have put the original SS tank on as I used an Ally one that I need for the 620. This tank has a dent in the back, but isn't an issue. Fuel filter and fuel pump are externally mounted. I have raced with a single disc, since I started in DD up untill the last 4 races. I only went to 2 discs as the bike was slightly under weight, so I added some useful ballast. The bike is currently fitted with one disc and a Yam R6 master cylinder. Belly pan and seat unit are as raced with. I have fitted the GRP, Imola handlebar fairing that I used last year as I need the 1098 one for the 620 bike. I have also kept my Scitsu tacho. Any questions please send a pm.

This bike is now ready for the grid, tyres and tacho excepting. It is more than capable of winning next years B class, depending on the pilots ability of course. £2000.

Ghost 17-Oct-2011 19:28

SOLD:)

skidlids 17-Oct-2011 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
SOLD:)

Nice one Phil
That one looks better than the one you won the Championship on :p

Senna3 17-Oct-2011 23:48

Excellent news phil sold mine as well :D

Ghost 18-Oct-2011 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senna3
Excellent news phil sold mine as well :D

Oooh good news Kev, helps in getting the A bike done.

Cheeky sod Mr Ellis, I've just refreshed it rather than race it for a season. But it does look pretty good.:D

I just hope it doesn't beat me on my yet to be assembled A bike. :eek:

skidlids 18-Oct-2011 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost

I just hope it doesn't beat me on my yet to be assembled A bike. :eek:

I thought the 5 reverse gears you put in it were to ensure that wouldn't happen :lol: