Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Stolen Bikes (/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   How they stole my Ducati Panigale in Amsterdam. (/showthread.php?t=413413)

simonducati 20-Aug-2015 10:37

How they stole my Ducati Panigale in Amsterdam.

Just a warning for all you bikers that do not have trackers! I went to Amsterdam for about three nights on the last night somebody tried to steal my bike, well practically they did get the bike, they moved the bike about a mile away and covered it up and put a chain on it so it could not be found! I only received it as I had a road angel tracker and they could tell me and the police where the bike was, the rumour is they do that just to check if there is a tracker and then after a week or a couple days they start to strip it or move it somewhere else. We are just lucky they never took my girlfriends bike as she does not have a tracker......

Stealth 27-Aug-2015 20:29

The Netherlands is the only place I have ever had a bike stolen. Still haven't got over it
:(

Jasper 02-Sep-2015 00:33

Me too. My 851 went. :(

simonducati 02-Sep-2015 21:00

I don't think I will ever have a bike without road angel thank god for a tracker ;-)

doogalman 05-Sep-2015 14:56

Holland is notorious for bike theft. So so often groups of bikers have headed to here in Germany via a night stopover in Amsterdam. Only to get bikes nicked, one group some years ago had 3 of their 5 bikes dissapear. Allways if going to Ansterdam in particular stay where there is a secure garage or better still sit on the bike.

Iconic944ss 05-Sep-2015 23:28

Never realised it was THAT bad!

A phone with GPS tracker is an alternative im told???

simonducati 01-Nov-2015 21:36

it's happened again this time in Faringdon near King's Cross London, same thing after I bought a new yolk they broke the steering lock and pushed it away obviously now I know I need a disk lock, and the police in London are rubbish Road Angel gave up with them after two hours and told me where my bike was after they were telling the police which road bike is being pushed down and they were not interested

antonye 05-Nov-2015 18:25

OMG! That's really rubbish :(

simonducati 12-Nov-2015 00:35

Hi mite part exchange it for a new one for Christmas? This one has been through too much lol

antonye 12-Nov-2015 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonducati
Hi mite part exchange it for a new one for Christmas? This one has been through too much lol

Sounds like a good excuse to me Simon!