Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Headlights stoped working (2003 999) (/showthread.php?t=92850)

welsh999 04-Apr-2012 07:47

Headlights stoped working (2003 999)

Hi just been out on a ride and noticed low beam not working,decided to ride with high beam and thats not working.The side light and dash light up and if i use the pass switch the high beam does work.I suspect the headlight relay but electrics are a mystery to me.Any ideas?

Thanks

Nige:confused:

antonye 04-Apr-2012 09:15

Without sounding too patronising, maybe you should just check the headlight bulb(s) first - the may just have coincidentally failed at the same time.

Second culprit would be a fuse - if one bulb went it may have taken the fuse with it which stopped the other from getting power.

Finally check the relay as that too may either be duff or on it's way out.

KeefyB 04-Apr-2012 12:39

Yep,probably the h/light relay.
Its clipped inside the headlight casting.You can get to it by removing the plate under the nose of the fairing.Quite common for the pins to corrode.

Ghost 04-Apr-2012 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeefyB
Yep,probably the h/light relay.
Its clipped inside the headlight casting.You can get to it by removing the plate under the nose of the fairing.Quite common for the pins to corrode.

+1 to this.

welsh999 04-Apr-2012 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
Without sounding too patronising, maybe you should just check the headlight bulb(s) first - the may just have coincidentally failed at the same time.

Second culprit would be a fuse - if one bulb went it may have taken the fuse with it which stopped the other from getting power.

Finally check the relay as that too may either be duff or on it's way out.

Bulbs both OK and fuse checked ok too

welsh999 04-Apr-2012 17:56

Will get a relay i think, Cardiff have some in stock at £6:50 worth a go.

welsh999 06-Apr-2012 16:43

New relay and its all sorted. Thanks all

Nige