Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   paddock stands ? (/showthread.php?t=84071)

Mr_Duke 14-Mar-2011 14:50

paddock stands ?

What paddock stands are you using on your 999 ?

Front and rear.

Any info and places to buy (i've ordered a pair but the seller tells me that they are out of stock), i need to order a pair and want to make sure i get the correct ones.

cheers

Andy

Gobert23 15-Mar-2011 16:09

Where abouts are you?

I've a pair of paddock stands that were destined for Flea'bay... Front and Rear, in nearly new condition (e.g. no chips or scrapes from being dragged along the floor / paddock).

G

Chaz 15-Mar-2011 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Duke
What paddock stands are you using on your 999 ?

Front and rear.

Any info and places to buy (i've ordered a pair but the seller tells me that they are out of stock), i need to order a pair and want to make sure i get the correct ones.

cheers

Andy

Get Harris ones by far the best. https://www.harris-performance.com/w...ck_Stands.html

Mr_Duke 15-Apr-2011 10:53

I had a mate of mine make me up an attachment that fits on my bike lift to enable me to stand the bike upright on the lift and also get the rear and front wheel off the floor so i can remove the wheels.

(the front attachment is in progress, i'll put another update up when it's done)

So here is the attachment, it uses the holes in the frame that allows access to the rear shock upper mount...

So i put the bike on the lift and then lift it up to the height of the pins that pass through the frame, then put the pins through the frame and then lower the lift back down so that the wheel is now able to be removed.

The Front wheel will be raised by an axle stand type arrangement, this will bring both wheels off the ground and then i'll be able to remove them and get the wheels and swing arm powdercoated gloss black.

cheers

Andy