Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   rearset parts - longer toe part or gear change bar (/showthread.php?t=80368)

bradders 17-Aug-2009 22:57

rearset parts - longer toe part or gear change bar

I've switched to race shift, and its a bit far for my average feet and the spacers make it so my foot has to turn in to chnage gear...its ok but not great

so ideally I want a longer shaft with an eccentric adjustable toe, or as a second solution a replacemnet toe bar which is wider than standard so it pretrudes out and makes up for the spacer

hope this makes sense, would be easier with pictures!!

suggestions as to where I can source such a thing??

chris.p 18-Aug-2009 00:41

Done the same thing on Cathy's 620, she tried race pattern and has never looked back, the only fly in the ointment being that as you said in your case, Cathy needed a longer toe peg.

So I took the original toe peg to Carl at Race Supplies Direct, 15 mins later a longer toe peg that accepted the original rubber toe peg part but was now none adjustable, that is a small price to pay for easier gear changes with out the pain of the end of the toe peg digging into your foot.

Take the toe peg to any machine shop, they should be able to make you a new one.

I will put a pic of cathy's one up tomorrow night for you Paul.

Chris.

antonye 18-Aug-2009 00:42

I'm having some made up as replacements that I will start selling on my website (plug plug ;)) but if you need some longer one-offs then let me know as I can probably get them done for you.

If you let me know the size you'd like, I'll see what I can do.

bradders 18-Aug-2009 00:46

thanks, pm replied Ant elsewhere.

Chris, if I cant get one I'll try that, thanks. Not sure how anyone with size 10 and below is meant to use them tho!! I have them max low and forward and still struggle!!

antonye 18-Aug-2009 00:54

When sorting out our stuff, I've noticed that there are large discrepancies in the offset sizes between different makes of footpegs.
It's basically down to cost, as to do the offset machining takes longer (to trim it down) and uses more material so therefore costs more if you offset the peg further.
The race gear levers that we sell are 110mm centre-to-centre. If you're using a road setup then you might be stuck if they're not DP copies with what you can replace your existing gear lever with.
But anyway, I'm sure I can sort out some longer toe pegs so it shouldn't be a problem!

bradders 18-Aug-2009 01:11

ok, let me take a pic and do some measuring tomorrow and I'll stick em up here.

Cheers, getting used to race pattern now so be a shame if I have to go back!

chris.p 18-Aug-2009 23:29

2 Attachment(s)
Not the best of pics, but then my name is not Guy Cope;)

Chris:burn: