Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Pembrey New Era 18/19 Sep (/showthread.php?t=10335)

paynep 15-Sep-2004 21:06

Pembrey New Era 18/19 Sep

If anyone is down in welsh wales at the weekend and can't see JR DNF-ing twice; then why not come to Pembrey and watch me and the 888 combining Michael Rutter's tyre choosing with Reuben Xaus' machine control...............
Or something.

Coffee and biscuits will be available from the motorhome - sorry, tent!

Cheers Paul

skidlids 16-Sep-2004 02:29

Paul I would have liked to be racing there myself but I will be waiting at home on Saturday as someone is coming down from Lincolnshire to see about buying my 748 Trackbike with a view to racing it with Derby Pheonix.

Have a good one and say hi to Ian Harrison, Les Liney, Lee Reverley and Dean Wain for us if you come across them in the paddock.

Is Steve Hilary racing there ?

Kev

paynep 20-Sep-2004 17:12

Three dry races at Pembrey in September - amazing!

Got an 8th, 11th and then binned it on the lefthander at Paddock when in 5th and catching 4th place in the last race:(

Found that the difference between a 999R and an 888 is still about 5 seconds a lap...........and about £14grand

Also discovered that 15 lap races are twice as knackering as 8 lap ones - funny that!!

Think I'll spend the winter getting me and the bike fitter for next year, or alternatively will rob a bank to fund a new bike?

bradders 21-Sep-2004 21:15

nice 996r for sale....;)

paynep 23-Sep-2004 20:42

Bradders,
I haven't robbed the bank yet, but drop me a U2U to give me an idea of how many grannies to mug.......

There was an 998s road/track bike going for a tad over 6 grand at Pembrey, but while it's cheap for a road bike its a lot for a race bike, given my taste for falling off......

Cheers, Paul

skidlids 23-Sep-2004 23:08

Quote:

Originally posted by paynep
There was an 998s road/track bike going for a tad over 6 grand at Pembrey, but while it's cheap for a road bike its a lot for a race bike, given my taste for falling off......

Cheers, Paul

£6k thats just some of the budgets for the front running Ducati lads

paynep 26-Sep-2004 10:39

..ah but its ALL the budget plus organ donation for a back runner !!

skidlids 27-Sep-2004 00:06

Phil Bevans 996RS is up for sale, lots of spares, wheels, Foxley Starter etc, around £25k Alan said, best break open that :pig: y bank Paul