Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Realistic costs for the race series? (/showthread.php?t=12345)

twpd 12-Dec-2004 02:14

Quote:

Originally posted by phoenix n max
Quote:

Originally posted by twpd
Am I allowed out on my minitwin? ;)

You wanna proper bike you do :o

phoenix n max 12-Dec-2004 02:15

<sigh> No class ! ;)

No where's the report this post section ?

[Edited on 12-12-2004 by phoenix n max]

twpd 12-Dec-2004 02:17

Quote:

<sigh> No class ! ;)

Just look at that effortless style. That is class ;)

phoenix n max 12-Dec-2004 02:19

Quote:

Quote:

<sigh> No class ! ;)

Just look at that effortless style. That is class ;)

It's an SV Suzuki - Its made to make people look like they can ride.
My case rests - you wanna proper bike you do :P

twpd 12-Dec-2004 02:20

For that I is coming out (sic) on a Ducati now. Just to kick ur sweet little ass. :p

phoenix n max 12-Dec-2004 02:22

Quote:

For that I is coming out (sic) on a Ducati now. Just to kick ur sweet little <B>***</B> . :p

Well you can't ride the 748 - it won't start
:lol:

twpd 12-Dec-2004 02:25

Quote:

Quote:

For that I is coming out (sic) on a Ducati now. Just to kick ur sweet little <B>***</B> . :p

Well you can't ride the 748 - it won't start
:lol:

Aye. Tru enuff. :(

I think it's sulking.

phoenix n max 12-Dec-2004 02:35

We spirited ladies don't like it if we ain't used and abused ;)

skidlids 12-Dec-2004 02:37

Steve like everybody we all have to start somewhere, I started with a 6 year old CBR600FN, a spare set of wheels and a trailer.
What I was trying to say is add £3k onto the initial out lay.
Some people need to buy a bike and some don't, same goes for a van or trailer.etc etc
As for Genny and warmers for those out for fun they are not a requirement just ask the R6 cup lads, OK they have 2 warm-up laps but they arrive at the first corner a lot quicker than I ever could on a 600SS and then they then have a lot more power to lay down exiting the corner.

Monty 12-Dec-2004 14:34

"Do you really think it's acceptable for a bunch of blokes to turn up in the paddock all riding pieces of crap kicked together from breakers yards, no warmers/awnings/gennies/vans etc etc etc and go play out on track ??"
Absolutely I do Steve, if that's how they want/can afford to do it then go for it-the whole point of this series is that it should be fun for beginners and a taster for racing. As lond as the bikes are to the formula and ACU legal then I don't see a problem-yes I know that once the bug bites the wallet somehow gets bigger but we all have to start somewhere.

As for me with a motorhome purchased for last year 'cause I got fed up getting wet in a tent, genny, warmers, trailer which I don't use as the bike hangs on the back of the motorhome, and the cost of the TZ-and I don't even RIDE it myself-I am in no position to criticise.
One of these days when I am feeling brave I am going to add up all the invoices I have from Dennis Trollope.:o

John