Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   749 eobd light (/showthread.php?t=32288)

749er 18-Jun-2006 07:59

749 eobd light

well young Sophia was running just fine then yesterday would not start and has the oebd light on constantly.

leds on power commander are not lighting
leds on pc111 light and pc can access the map ok whenI take it off the bike and connect it to my laptop
bike will not start with PC111 removed
checked 7 fuses, all ok

any thoughts apart from Ducati assistance?

cheers in advance

posiden 18-Jun-2006 14:51

EODB light

search my thread on here for engine codes - it was on about a month ago - read the codes for a diagnosis - a typical fault I came across and maybe causing you grief is corroded fuel pump relay terminals, this is in the bottom left hand side fairing behind the battery box. Dead easy to fix.
hope you get it sorted.

Brent 18-Jun-2006 19:00

Sophia??

Is there a story there Derek?! :)

749er 19-Jun-2006 08:43

Sophia, is my little italian temptress, and then there is Mariah, as she is black and a screamer, and also likely to see me off to prison. :-)

Also Francesca, not going into that one. Dont have a name for the car yet, but she is only a week old so I have time.

Pity you could not make it on Sunday Dave, but hopefully see you next time.

Brent 19-Jun-2006 09:16

Yes, Roxy and I will see you soon.... :)

749er 19-Jun-2006 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by posiden
search my thread on here for engine codes - it was on about a month ago - read the codes for a diagnosis - a typical fault I came across and maybe causing you grief is corroded fuel pump relay terminals, this is in the bottom left hand side fairing behind the battery box. Dead easy to fix.
hope you get it sorted.

thanks, I will do. thinking about it it could well be the relay as I dont recall hearing it click