Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Castle Combe Race day (/showthread.php?t=84703)

dunlop0_1 16-Aug-2011 14:12

Castle Combe Race day

Got this from the UKMOC site. Sounds like we could be in for a good day. :D

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=40345

bradders 16-Aug-2011 21:01

but its C-Doom...they could have chosen a better place! :lol:

looking like I may have to do it to try and get a couple of points to hold Badger Botherer off in the table. I think he may go well at Cadwell...

skidlids 17-Aug-2011 00:06

No mention of DD onthis page of the castle Combe website

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/...sp?EventID=327

Nice pic of Simon on the Ex Jentin Racing R1 I was changing wheels on at the final NG meeting last season, he should be out on a Fireblade at Combe

THIS IS FROM THE NEW ERA WEBSITE

CASTLE COMBE - SATURDAY 3RD SEPTEMBER 2011
THE FOWLERS MOTORCYCLES PRO-BIKE NATIONAL MEETING

Everything is shaping up nicely for this "once a year" National Road Race meeting
at the demanding circuit at Castle Combe near Chippenham in Wiltshire.

The meeting features something for every road race enthusiast with Parades for
Classic Bikes, Demonstrations by Carl Fogarty supported by Tony and Michael Rutter, with David Hailwood and Paul Smart in the wings along with other well known riders from the National Championships.

Races for the ACU/FSRA British Formula 2 Sidecar Championships and the National Ducati 848, Ducati and Dealer supported Series are included along with events for the Ducati Desmo due riders with some much appreciated sponsorship for the class provided by Motorcycle Direct Insurance.

Also included is the very popular Lansdowne Genuine Classic Series organised by Richard Thirkell - and the sights and sounds of the sixties that they provide will be a welcome treat for Classic enthusiasts. Displays of classic racing machines are included so there is plenty of machine interest here - unlike the modern BSB meetings. The racing is usually thrilling and close too - and that`s a bonus.

Enthusiast of modern bikes are well catered for with the Simply Saab supported King of Castle Combe races foe solo machines up to 1300cc and there are also the Husqvarna Construction Products Super Junior races foe machines up to 620cc.

All in all a day to look forward to - especially if, as usual, the sun should bless the event.

The meeting Kicks off with Practice at 08.45 and Racing is to commence at 11.30am.

bradders 17-Aug-2011 00:20

inst that sponsorship comment what someone asked about the other day?

Gbyte666 17-Aug-2011 02:31

Yup, that was me. No Official answer yet but a sugestion it might be prise money. Could be putting up money for some MASSIVE TROPHIES or maybe money to get some DSC Stickers or Tyre Stickers lol

Craig

skidlids 17-Aug-2011 23:55

More than Likly New Era are funding the trophies with i
I think every class racing on the day has a sponsor so it may also be helping keep entry costs down.
I've heard nothing about it officially so your guess is as good as mine.

As for DSC stickers I got a quote through yesterday and will order and pay for a batch after the weekend, trouble is I don't have the original artwork so these are likely to be slightly different.

Gbyte666 18-Aug-2011 00:46

Nice One Kev.

Craig