Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Rideouts, Meets and other Events (/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   SW/Somerset Meets (/showthread.php?t=276977)

theoldbuzzard 09-Jan-2014 16:58

SW/Somerset Meets

Those of you with a long enough memory might recall that, many moons ago, there used to be a regular meet at The Castle of Comfort. As far as I know there have been no regular meets in our area (i.e. twixt the Bristol and Cornwall venues) for a very long time.

I know that one or two people have suggested that they would like to restart meetings and so, with the start of a new year and the fact that I have a bit more time on my hands nowadays, shall we get the ball rolling?

Although The Castle is a nice pub in a nice position on top of Mendip, it is a bit close to the Bristolian venues. I know one or two possibilities on the Somerset Levels (and have a sailing boat with which to access them!) but how about a few suggestions as to places a little further south? That is if anybody other than me and Dave H are interested!

theoldbuzzard 02-Feb-2014 02:43

I am hoping to set up the Somerset Group's meetings at The Halfway House near Langport. Not withstanding the fact that I have yet to visit The Halfway House (for reasons not all water related) in order to check their availability for meets I will now call "The Somerset Ducati Group" into existence....day and place of meetings TBA.

The first opportunity for a group hug comes at The Bristol Classic Bike Show next weekend, 8th and 9th Feb'. I will be going at some point, I'm easy on which day or time, anybody else going?

A little further ahead is the Ducati Road Show which visits Rider's at Bridgewater on the 7th June. Not sure if I'll be able to make this, I might get to the Bristol one in March, but would be a good date for The Somerset Group diary.

Other suggestions for ride outs and/or meets would be gratefully received.

antonye 04-Feb-2014 15:29

Don't forget to add all your dates to the Calendar to make it easier for others to find, and it can also email reminders too!

theoldbuzzard 21-Mar-2014 19:21

Somerset Branch

Place, day and time now sorted for Somerset Branch meetings.

Place: The Halfway House,
Pitney Hill,
Langport,
Somerset,
TA10 9AB

Day: Second Tuesday of the month. First meeting
will be on 13th May.

Time: 1930

theoldbuzzard 07-Apr-2014 22:10

Somerset Ducatisti

Could I please ask anybody who has a interest in Somerset Ducatisti to give me their contact email, telephone number etc via a PM or to theoldbuzzard@live.co.uk

I will try and put together a contact list in order to remind about monthly meets and provide an information route for short notice ride outs etc

antonye 07-Apr-2014 22:30

You can also email sw@ducatisportingclub.com as this routes through to the same email address ;)

theoldbuzzard 07-Apr-2014 22:51

Thanks antonye, guess that I should have known that....old dog, new trick!