Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Tyres (/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Power Race? (/showthread.php?t=15311)

Lily 16-Mar-2005 22:58

Power Race?

Has anybody tried these yet?

Tyre bloke where I get mine was telling me how great they are but wanted to see if anyone had any feedback from use on a Duc.

Will be needing some new tyres after a few track days and contemplating a change as the deal being offered is very good.

Dibble 16-Mar-2005 23:02

Michelins ?????

I wouldn't ....

tetol 16-Mar-2005 23:27

i think its a bit to soon to get much feedback about the power race i have tried the power and was impresed would be more than happy to use the race version

MaccLad 16-Mar-2005 23:34

Not sure about power race, but I used Pilot Race 2 on CBR600 last year. Great once they're warm, **** when they're not!
As long as you're careful and warm them up(ie not too much throttle on a cold roundabout!) they're good.

[Edited on 16-3-2005 by MaccLad]

Monty 16-Mar-2005 23:37

I use the old Pilot Race Soft on my Gilera Saturno-take a while to warm up but grip like a very grippy thing. Not much good at this time of year or in the rain-but then again something resembling a cut slick won't give much wet grip................
Spoke to Luke Plummer(Ducati UK) who had tested the new Pilot Power race and reckoned they were very grippy-couldn't get them to slide at all.
Not all of us have a blind spot when it comes to Michelin.

John

Felix 17-Mar-2005 00:02

Michelins...I definitely would, in fact, I have. Last years' Race 2s were absolutely ace. This years race tyres by all accounts are even better. If I didn't already had my allotment of tyres for the year, these are what I would be getting.

Mind you, even though they are technically road legal, I wouldn't dream of using them on the road. Once properly warm, which they won't on the road, they are super, super sticky. The lean angles are outrageous.

Lily 17-Mar-2005 09:50

OK, mixed replies.....

Freak doesn't like Michelins either, but I have not had any experience with them. They sound like a good tyre from the reports, but how much is marketing hype?

I think I will wait for a few more people to test them as I will be using them on road and track.

JPM 17-Mar-2005 11:50

Quote:

Originally posted by MaccLad
Not sure about power race, but I used Pilot Race 2 on CBR600 last year. Great once they're warm, <b>[Censored]</b> when they're not!
As long as you're careful and warm them up(ie not too much throttle on a cold roundabout!) they're good.

I'll remember that next time I see you! :puzzled:

Bitch!

MaccLad 17-Mar-2005 17:18

:saint:

Lily 17-Mar-2005 22:08

Oi Damo

You gonna head over to Oulton on Sat? Rob said he might pop over after lunch so we could have a saturday afternoon reunion, just like the old days :D