Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   DD Race outside of Uk (/showthread.php?t=19648)

ChrisBushell 13-Jul-2005 14:50

DD Race outside of Uk

This is just a little glimmer at the moment, but would many of this years racers and prosepctive ones for next year be interested in a race outside of the UK?

I have already cracked the transport issue on the Giro so that isn't a problem. We would transport the bikes, riding gear, spares etc, so the riders can fly or drive in full cars.

It would mean paying up in full, probably in January, for a race to be held in May/June

I will now duck down behind the parapet!

[Edited on 13-7-2005 by ChrisBushell]

TP 13-Jul-2005 14:51

Great idea - I'm keen!

dickieducati 13-Jul-2005 15:00

oh yes............

i'll have valencia, mugello or catalunya pleeeeeeease!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ChrisBushell 13-Jul-2005 15:03

Dickie,

You will have to keep your enthusiasm in check for a while, we have only just started on this one. If it comes to fruition I dont think that you will be disappointed

Steve M 13-Jul-2005 15:06

I might struggle with the NW region rideout to this one - 2 went to Cadwell and 3 to Castle Combe :lol:

antonye 13-Jul-2005 15:08

Yes please. Laguna Seca would be good, but I'm thinking the drive might be a bit far...

Steve M 13-Jul-2005 15:11

Le Mans is quite close :)

JPM 13-Jul-2005 15:21

Can't honestly imagine many takers on this if I am honest, the whole point of DD was cheap racing, which this doesn't sound like it will be, shipping bikes, gear, then getting yourself (and probably family, friends, mechanic) into Europe etc etc

Part of me thinks this is a great idea, but part of me also thinks that DD will end up with an "elite" (wealthy) few who can fund something like this.

DD should concentrate on growing in the UK doing more rounds, and getting more people on board IMO, walk before you can run.

Just my £0.02 worth :)

antonye 13-Jul-2005 15:27

Making some assumptions here, but *most* of the racers have already paid for their bikes for this year, so next year they may have budget to either improve themselves, the bike, or do more rounds.

Something like this is no more expensive for me than going to, say, Castle Combe. Driving from home for 150 miles, I could be in France!

Ferries don't have to be expensive if you go off peak, in fact we'd be sure to get a cheaper deal as so many of us would be going.

If we can camp at the circuit then it's the same basic outlay as any other racing weekend.

I'm sure that the cost of entry wouldn't be any more expensive than a circuit here.

As for spectators? The way some people are moaning about the series I'm surprised they would even take notice!

dickieducati 13-Jul-2005 15:28

just playing devils advocate here but for some; depending on where it is; its possibly not much more expensive than some of the uk meetings.