Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Tyres (/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Tyres in the Swindon area (/showthread.php?t=32901)

Shandy 30-Jun-2006 20:11

Tyres in the Swindon area

Aw damn it just packed the bike away and noticed a bit of canvas showing on the rear tyre

So as the fronts quite low its time for new tyres, from all the previous stuff i've seen i think its going to be conti road attacks for the old monster.

The question is where's good to get them near Swindon, this is the first time i've needed tyres since getting the bike so i've no idea where to go, i don't mind traveling a bit, but not too far with the rear as it is.

Thanks for the help,

Shandy

psychlist 30-Jun-2006 20:15

Give Steve a call at Wraysbury tyres in Chertsey, he's very helpful and I'd opt for the std Diablo's, fantastic tyres ;)

http://www.wraysburytyres.co.uk/

YMFB 30-Jun-2006 21:03

micheldever tyres nr winchester

domski 30-Jun-2006 22:14

Louigi Moto near Bath. Ducati bloke and does good prices on Pirellis.

Tell him Domski told you to call, www.louigimoto.co.uk

;)

Shandy 03-Aug-2006 17:29

Thanks for the advice all, sorry for the delay in reply, they were all a bit far to travel. So it was over to the good old yellow pages and a few phone calls to find out that an off the beaten track place up stratton way i've used for small repairs before is a main dealer for pirelli too, so i give them a call and half an hour later i was riding away again with new diablos fitted and a lighter wallet.

Will probably use them again as the service and price was good, if anyones interested the place is, Steve Lynham Motorcycle Repairs and Service on 01793 820630.

Cheers,

Shandy

Duke2BSteve 03-Aug-2006 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shandy
Thanks for the advice all, sorry for the delay in reply, they were all a bit far to travel. So it was over to the good old yellow pages and a few phone calls to find out that an off the beaten track place up stratton way i've used for small repairs before is a main dealer for pirelli too, so i give them a call and half an hour later i was riding away again with new diablos fitted and a lighter wallet.

Will probably use them again as the service and price was good, if anyones interested the place is, Steve Lynham Motorcycle Repairs and Service on 01793 820630.

Cheers,

Shandy

Shandy,

Sorry I've only just read your thread, I use Steve Lynham gives a fairly good price, also good to use for MoT aswell..

steve

Shandy 04-Aug-2006 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke2BSteve
Shandy,

Sorry I've only just read your thread, I use Steve Lynham gives a fairly good price, also good to use for MoT aswell..

steve

No bother about only just seeing the thread, I agree with what you say and what I’ve seen their prices are spot on. It's always good to get a second recommendation about a place it adds to the confidence about using them again.

Cheers,

Shandy

twpd 05-Aug-2006 00:01

Bike Treads. Brilliant guys - used to use them all the time when I live in Swindon. 01793 615995

Shandy 05-Aug-2006 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by twpd
Bike Treads. Brilliant guys - used to use them all the time when I live in Swindon. 01793 615995

I gave them a call too as they popped up in the yellow pages but for two reasons I didn't use them this time around the first being they needed 3 days to get the tyres in and the second they were £40 dearer than Steve Lynham. But all this said I kept there number as others had recommended them and ever time I buy tyres for the car or bike the previous used place is not always the best next time around.

Cheers,

Shandy